Pricing for Muppet Kilncraft Mugs

Treeflame

Reaction score
On saturday I found a Floyd-mug on a flea market in Brussels. The guy asked ten cents for it and I remembered we had a swedish chef one, with the same kind of decoration, at home, when I was little. Yesterday I went to my parents, found the " swedish chef"-mug hidden in the cupboard, took it home with me, and now they are on display, next to my old kermit-lunchbox.

Today I was looking around (on the net) for other mugs. And I was a bit surprised by the high prices. They are made in England, by Klincraft in 1979 (they are white). Now, I just wonder what an average price is for these mugs? Anybody has any ideas? Are there mugs that are rarer then others? Or do they all fetch the same prices?

Thanks in advance for the answer!

Kermieuk

Reaction score
Hi Treeflame and welcome to Muppet central.

The Kilncraft mugs are available in white and also a yellow/orange colour.

The first six, Kermit, Miss Piggy, Fozzie, Rowlf, Animal and Gonzo are the most common but can still fetch up to £16 on some occasions.

The Floyd mug you got for 10 cents is a true gem and a great find. I recently sold one on ebay for £53.00.

Beau, Statler & Waldorf, Sam Eagle, Swedish Chef, Scooter and of course Floyd are all a lot rarer.

Well done, hope this helps, more info and pics of the mugs here....

http://muppet.wikia.com/wiki/Muppet_mugs_(Kiln_Craft)

Chris

Treeflame

Reaction score
Thanks for the answer! I wonder how we ever got the swedish chef at home, nobody seems to remember (I was born in 1976, and the mug was just always there).

Now just find the others :smile: But then again, 53 pounds for a rarer one, unless I find the others on flea markets, two might be enough :smile:.

The forum and site is a find too, brings back happy memories!

Kermieuk

Reaction score
There is one on ebay now, be interesting to watch it and see how it goes, the same seller also has Scooter, and Statler & Waldorf mugs for sale too.

Chris

Treeflame

Reaction score
Wow, the floyd one went for 210 dollars (158 eur). I guess it's better to invest in Muppet Show mugs, then put you money in the bank!

Off course, I like the mugs I have myself, so whether I will ever put those on e-bay is another question.

Have you ever seen a swedish chef one being sold btw?

Kermieuk

Reaction score
WOW, What great prices.

Statler & Waldorf went for $200 and Scooter went for $122.

It may be tempting to sell, but I love this set of mugs and would never part with them.

Swedish Chef mug is very similar in pricing.

Chris

HansEw

Reaction score
Hi - I stumpled upon this discussion while googling info about pricing on the mugs. Do you know how they I priced these days KermieUK? I have some of them in Denmark that I'm considering selling.

Kermieuk

Reaction score
Hi HansEw,
These are similar in prices today. The rarer mugs can still fetch £60-£80ish!! Watch eBay to get ideas? Which ones do you have? White or Yellow/Orange mugs?

Chris

HansEw

Reaction score
Thanks.

Rowlf, Fozzie, Sam and Waldorf/Statler. The latter with minor scratch in the Muppet Show logo. All white.

Kermieuk

Reaction score
Rowlf and Fozzie not much value, Sam, statler & Waldorf higher value.

Chris