Professional Lion Puppet, Angus Puppets

ButchCat

Reaction score
Hail to you all,

Another one of my puppets is on eBay. This time I have built a Lion and this guy is totally hand sewn. My wife and I took a day trip out of Halifax to take most of the pictures for this guy and we had a lot of fun doing it. It’s nice to go on a trip every now and then. Like so many of my eBay puppets there is a little write up and some pictures to go with it as well.

So click on the link below, have a look and enjoy. For anyone who has never seen my web site and don’t know me I’ll also leave a link to that as well. Good luck.

Take care all

Terry Angus

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=11741&item=5915632147

http://www.geocities.com/TelevisionCity/Stage/5617/

Cindy

Staff member
Reaction score
Very nice looking! I especially like his wide eyes and slight under-bite. Gives him a real neat personality. Just one question though... Did his nose turn green after smelling that sulphuric acid? :embarrassed:

He's really great, he should do well in the auction. Glad you and your wife had a nice time out. C'mon everybody start your bidding!

Cindy

Staff member
Reaction score
Terry! I just realized that your lion puppet doesn't have a name!!! :eek: You can't let him go without giving him a name. Of course the new adoptive parent can always give him a new one, but it just doesn't seem right. I was thinking something like Rory G. Pickles. Any other ideas?

Luke

Reaction score
Hey Tiger, great puppet. Very colorful. Such a cute fuzzy wuzzy lion deserves a dark, fearless, frightening name like Caligula, Lord Of The Jungle but Rory works for me too !

muppetmayhem

Reaction score
Have you ever tried to get your puppets into the Henson's television series or movies. That would be so cool to see your puppet on TV.

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Terry's puppet, Butch G. Cat, appears at some of the telethons each year in Canada. Terry has worked on quite a few professional puppet programs and is extremely gifted and talented.

ButchCat

Reaction score
Hi All,

First off gang I am sorry that it always takes me so long to get back to your wonderful comments on my eBay puppets. I’m not much of a letter writer and sadly it shows. So far as I can see everyone seems to like the Lion. I had a feeling that a lot of people would like Lions. I had some fur left over from my last eBay monster puppet and it was such good looking fur that I thought that it would look great as a lion’s mane and so I set out to build him. Now on to the comments that you guys where so wonderful to post about the Lion.

Hi Cindy, Thank you for your comment and the eyes that you see on him where ones that I had gotten on eBay and what I did was cut them apart from each other and sanded the old pupils off and put lids and my own set of pupils. The under-bite idea came from watching an old Bugs Bunny cartoon and after doing so many puppets with over-bites I thought it would be a good change. As for the green nose your right, this is what happens when you smell too many sulphuric acid. Seriously the reason I chose to make a green nose was most if not all animal noses tend to be pink or black and I was tired of it. Red is also a color often used so I had some green Polyfoam left from another project and used that. Boy, what a choice because as I seem to be getting a number of comments about it. Anyway I thought it looked pretty good.

You’ll also love this Cindy, I had a name for him and it was Leochris but because of the way we ended up doing the write up like a personals ad I decided not to use any name. Why? So that I could use the name Leochris in a future project of my own. So I still own the name or at least I think I do. However you guys came up with some pretty good names Like Cindy’s “Roy G. Pickles”, Luke’s “Caligula, Lord Of The Jungle” or even Whatever’s “Hunk”….. Ops! Sorry about that. That was “What a Hunk”. You’re describing what you think of him. How silly of me sorry Whatever.

Thanks for your comment Fozzie Bear, I’m glad that you like him and Fozzie Bear and Phil Chapman are right muppetmayham. I use to work with Henson as a performer/puppeteer on Fraggle Rock and a few Muppet specials and although my puppets have never been on any Henson project they have been on TV starting with a shot lived series that I had co-created called “Blizzard Island”. Sadly a lot of what I have had on TV has not been viewed on American TV. If you want to know what shows that I have worked on and what I did on them here is a link to my resume: http://www.geocities.com/TelevisionCity/Stage/5617/resume.html

Thanks Phil and Fozzie Bear for letting muppetmayham know about it and thank you muppetmayham for your support and the kind words. Well That’s it for now gang I’ve got to get going. Here’s the Lion Link again:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=11741&item=5915632147

Take care everyone,
Terry