So i don't like doing one thing at a time, so as well as videos for my own YouTube channels and clients, I have no puppet orders which means i get to do a couple for myself. I started working on a professor type puppet about a week back. His head is based on a Project Puppet pattern, but i always find that the spread of the mouth is never as wide or as loose as i would like, so I built the skull then detached and rebuilt the lower jaw. So far he is just a basic skull, and he needs some soft padding adding to the hinge of the jaw, but here are a couple of photos. I'm going to try and document as much of his building as i can, including the henson stitch video that i have been threatening to record for about a year. And then we also have a rebuild of Kermit. I built a Kermit over a year ago and wanted to rebuild him ever since. The original I did was based more on the earlier versions so was darker in colour and had a smaller tighter head. I wanted to bring him up to date and having had the body, complete with arms and legs, lying around for a while i decided it was time to bite the bullet and make the head. So i found a few video references and gauged the size of the mouthplate, which i have built from polyurethane foam for both strength and flexibility, and then i began to piece together a head onto the mouth plate from scraps of antron i keep. I patchworked the left side of the head together, then used that to make a template to create the second half. I think the template is a fraction too big but that can be sorted in the sewing. So here are some pictures of the head's development. I'm going to build this head fully then build the real head once I'm happy with the shape and size.