Proffessor Hastings real and imaginary lecture

minor muppetz

Reaction score
(Proffessor Hastings is in Big Bird's nest area)

Big Bird: Hello, boys and girls! And now, Proffessor Hastings is going to talk to us about what's real and what's imaginary. (notices that Proffessor Hastings is sleeping on a crate) Uh, wake up, proffessor (wakes Proffessor Hasting sup).
Proffessor Hastings: Oh, oh, good day. I am going to talk about the differenc ebetween real and imaginary. Real and imaginary are two different things, the opposite of each other, which never means the same... (falls asleep)
Big Bird: (puts hand on Proffessor Hastings) Wake up!
Proffessor Hastings: Oh, uh, if you can feel it, and more than one person can see it, that menas that it is real. I felt Big Bird, and we all can see him, so that means he is real, and I am real... (falls asleep)
Big Bird: Wake up!
Proffessor Hastings: (waking up) Oh, but imaginary things are not real. Only one person can see what he or she imagines. And you cannot feel what you imagine. (yawns)
Big Bird: Why don't you give some examples on imaginary things.
Proffessor Hastings: Okay. I am now imagining soem bats, but you cannot see them, because they are figments of my imagination. (transparent bats then fly around) If somethign imaginary is seen on a television screen, it is usually transparent. (bats disapear) Another imaginary thing is Big Bird's imaginary friend, Mr. Snuffleupagus....
Big Bird: No, no, no, Mr. Snuffleupagus is not imaginary.
Proffessor Hastings: Oh, but I have never seen him, so that must.... (starst to fall asleep) make... him... (falls asleep)
(Mr. Snuffleupagus walks into Big Bird's nest area)
Mr. Snuffleupagus: Oh, hello, bird.
Big Bird: Hiya, Snuffy. Proffessor Hastings here was just talking about real and imaginary things.
Mr. Snuffleupagus: It looks like he fell asleep.
Big Bird: Well, we should wake him up.
Mr. Snuffleupagus: I'll do it. (wakes Proffessor Hastings up with his snuffle)
Proffessor Hastings: Oh, thank you. Now, as I was saying... (looks closer at Mr. Snuffleupagus) Young man, do you realise that you have a long nose?
Mr. Snuffleupagus: Yes, I am a Snuffleupagus. We have long noses.
Proffessor Hastings: A Snuffleupagus?
Big Bird: See? I told you he wasn't imaginary.
Proffessor Hastings: Well, I guess I was wrong then. And now, I will talk about being wrong. (clears throat) It's not easy being wrong, having to spend eahc day... (falls asleep)
Mr. Snuffleupagus: Well, I've got to go home and have dinner. See you later, Bird (leaves).
Big Bird: Bye, Snuffy. (wakes up Proffessor Hastings)
Proffessor Hastings: (waking up) Oh, I just had the strangest dream.
Big Bird: Really?
Proffessor Hastings: Yes, I dreamed that I saw your imaginary friend, Mr. Snuffleupagus.
Big Bird: That wasn't a dream! It really happenedl!
Proffessor Hastings: (playing along) Oh, sure it was real. (looks closer at Big Bird) Um, young man, do you realise that you are a bird?