Project: Snowth - The Thread

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Like Kevin and his Muley thread, this is my thread for various upcoming projects I will be working on (and because I know most of you guys don't follow me on MySpace, so how else are you going to know if you're even remotely interested?).

Anyway, since finances have been tied up into Christmas and such, construction on my new puppets has been delayed until the first of the new year (not too bad); I am happy to say that The Squirrely Squirrels are mostly complete, but they still have to go through wardrobe (and tails), and meanwhile, I still have to order Bethany's fur, but she shouldn't take too much awful longer to finish ('cause Steve's getting impatient, lol).

Afterwards, I have some good news and bad news...

The good news - Steve will be making yet another comeback, only this time, it's a television comeback. In addition to that, Bethany and The Squirrely Squirrels will be making their television debut, as I am outlining a new show entitled Steve D'Monster and Friends (not completely accurate, but "Steve D'Monster and Friend and Nemesises" sounded a bit wordy, lol).

Now, the bad news - unfortunately, this will only be a public access show, which means none of you are going to get to see it... unless you just so happen to be in Knoxville and decide you want to watch community television for some ever reason.

Basically, this is going to be a start into bringing my brand of puppetry to television, so while I still plan on bringing some all-puppet sitcoms to NETWORK television, the plans for them are being put on hold for the time being.

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
I wish you the very best of luck Snowthers. And also Merry Christmas to you my friend. :big_grin:

Oscarfan

Reaction score
That's great anyway! I'm sure you'll find someway to get the master-tapes of the shows on the interweb for us to see.

Barry Lee

Reaction score
That's awesome! Congrats Snowth! Hopefully we'll see some pics and video :excited:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I'm sure you'll find someway to get the master-tapes of the shows on the interweb for us to see.
Yeah, you're sure alright. :stick_out_tongue:

Thanks guys, while videos may take a while, I'll be sure to post pictures of the new puppets once they're completely finished.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Well, I'm happy to say that I finally was able to find a new "wardrobe mistress", as our seamstress family friend is unable to work anymore because of her unfortunate and somewhat failing health.

But anyway, found a new wardrobe mistress, who is absolutely like a giddy school girl over this assignment, and viewing her impressive previous work in making clothing for dolls, I'm confident I'll be pleased with the finished results with The Squirrely Squirrels in their wardrobe. Too bad her son didn't like Steve though, lol. Somehow, he's kinda hit-and-miss with the really really young crowd. :smirk:

In the meantime, I'm still trying to outline the premise for the new show... somehow, I can't really see a sitcom-typed program being derived around these characters, but I want to avoid the sketch show type of thing, because it's really been done before already (Banana Splits, TMS, MT, etc).

Oscarfan

Reaction score
Perhaps a series of vignettes, like the Charlie Brown and Snoopy Show.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I actually considered that, and it might work; I'ma still play around with various ideas before I settle on anything.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
AT LAST! ! !

Bethany's fur has finally been ordered, and is expected to arrive in the mail towards the end of the week, which means I can finally finish the puppet, and Steve will finally have his lady friend. :crazy:

At the same time, I gave Steve a little bit of a makeover today so he'd not only look more proportionate next to Bethany, but so the puppet itself would look SOMEWHAT brand new, since all of the other puppets will be.

I'm going to be calling my wardrobe mistress and check on the progress of The Squirrely Squirrels' wardrobe.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I'm going to be calling my wardrobe mistress and check on the progress of The Squirrely Squirrels' wardrobe.
Crap, too late to edit my previous post.

As it turns out, my wardrobe mistress hasn't started the Squirrels' wardrobe yet because of illness in the family and whatnot, so she's going to try to finish them within the next couple of weeks or so.