Prometheus: Biggest Disappointment Since Phantom Menace?

beaker

Reaction score
Just wondering who else was severely disappointed by Ridley Scott's Alien saga followup "Prometheus". To list all the issues I had with the film would be numerous(cheesey misplaced score, characters I didnt care for, bad pacing, truncated sequences) but curious what anyone else thought of it.

Unlike the Bayformers, Fast and furious, endless Marvel films...the Alien/Predator series are films I really can get into, but they seem so stripped of the very things that made them unique.

charlietheowl

Reaction score
I thought it was pretty good. Granted, I have not seen any other films in the Alien series, so I might not know what I'm missing in terms of comparison. I thought most of the actors did a good job, especially Michael Fassbender.

RedPiggy

Reaction score
I thought it was decent, though I didn't catch a lot of stuff after watching it this morning until I looked it up on tvtropes.org. I think it takes a lot of the themes from the rest of the series and unifies them, particularly when the series started saying the xenomorphs could absorb and adapt to the DNA of a host.

A lot is made of the humans' constant stupidity, but I think the Engineers should get dibs on an Are You Kidding? award. They can make all this awesome equipment but forgot a "whoops" button on the genetically engineered bioweapons?