Prop Corn on the Cob

Melonpool

Reaction score
Does anyone have tips for a way to make a prop piece of corn on the cob? The kernels don't actually have to come off, but it should be as light as possible. Suggestions or links for a place to buy would be greatly appreciated!

staceyrebecca

Reaction score
carve it out of styrofoam (like insulation styro) & then cover it in papier mache, seal it with some gesso & paint it?

the theater where I work makes all of their puppets & props this way.

You can also usually find fake veggies & fruit at local craft stores.

Jinx

Reaction score
Just a thought that jumps into my head. Perhaps a vaguely cigar-shaped piece of polyfoam, then create the rows and columns of individual kernels by wrapping thread or fishing line around it.

Again, just an untried notion that leapt into my noggin!

propologist

Reaction score
Hi Melonpool,

How about just vacumforming over a real corn cob and puting two halfs together.

Mike

P.S. I can also still help you with making copys of your eyes.

ravagefrackle

Reaction score
im sure you can just buy some fake food, i know i have seen corn at Michales, and AC Moore.

look on line

practicecactus

Reaction score
How about a piece of foam the general shape of corn [cylinder but slightly thicker in the middle] with those packing peanuts cut to size and stuck on?
I'm thinking those ones that look like cheese doodles, cut down and glued in place. You can squeeze them as you tightly pack them on so it should look suitably corn-like, then just give it all a lick of paint, maybe even that plasti-dip stuff. I think it comes in yellow.
Just a thought.