Proposal: Fraggle Rock ; The Musical

Mokey's sweet

Reaction score
:smirk: Hello, i'm Nathan Davey. I'm a Writer, Actor & puppeteer. I'am also creater of YouTube's "Monster Street Presents". and i would like 2 devlope a stage musical adapton to "Fraggle Rock" and once written i'll ask the Jim Henson Company 2 liesence it as a offical Jim Henson Musical. the musical will use the show's orignal songs, the story is very loosely basted on the episode"The Change of Addresses" mixed with other mini stories. the uncle travelling matt bits will be done on a over head screen and will be filmed in the local area of where the show's being performed, including the song "All Around the world" i'm not sure if it'll be "Avenue Q" style puppetery or costumes. but before i start 2 write it i want your view on this. what do u think? :smirk:

Erine81981

Reaction score
I like that idea. I would love to see something like this or however you were to do it. But love it. Can't wait to see the script when you get it wrote and all.

Mokey's sweet

Reaction score
Do u think i should use actors in black suits with puppets like, "Avenue Q" & "Puppet up!" or have them in artistic costumes like, "Suessical" & "The Grinch Musical"?

Erine81981

Reaction score
I guess it would work either way but i wouldn't mind the puppet versions then people in costumes. But it's whatever you want. I would watch it no matter what they looked like.

Fragglemuppet

Reaction score
Hmmm, sounds interesting...

As for the question, I suppose it comes down to what would be more doable for you. What would be less costly, Etc.

Good luck!
:excited:
:smirk:

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
:smirk: Hello, i'm Nathan Davey. I'm a Writer, Actor & puppeteer. I'am also creater of YouTube's "Monster Street Presents". and i would like 2 devlope a stage musical adapton to "Fraggle Rock" and once written i'll ask the Jim Henson Company 2 liesence it as a offical Jim Henson Musical. the musical will use the show's orignal songs, the story is very loosely basted on the episode"The Change of Addresses" mixed with other mini stories. the uncle travelling matt bits will be done on a over head screen and will be filmed in the local area of where the show's being performed, including the song "All Around the world" i'm not sure if it'll be "Avenue Q" style puppetery or costumes. but before i start 2 write it i want your view on this. what do u think? :smirk:
I know Karen Prell (Red Fraggle, of course) eventually got started in Muppets and Fraggles by sending in an audition tape with her self-made puppets. Don't know how the company works today post-Jim, but more power to you and good luck! :excited:

Mokey's sweet

Reaction score
Thanks for your opinions. it really helps. the only thing i'm trying to work out now is how to do the gorgs. because they need to be massivly larger than the teenage actors playing the fraggles. the musical's script is now being written thanks you your replies. so now, any ideas on the gorgs? lol :stick_out_tongue:

Mokey's sweet

Reaction score
Hmmm, sounds interesting...

As for the question, I suppose it comes down to what would be more doable for you. What would be less costly, Etc.

Good luck!
:excited:
:smirk:
well, just designing and building these costumes would be a major problem, money wise, since my designed revolving stage set is pretty pricey allready! so i think puppets is a big thumbs up! :smile:

Drtooth

Reaction score
Puppets would be your best bet. It's closer to the original idea, and it's always a great way for up and coming puppeteers to get noticed.

I'm really pulling for you to get this licenced by Henson. i'm pretty sure they'd love this idea, and would love to see a new way to express their ideas.

doc hopper

Reaction score
I'd cast it with smaller actors to play fraggles and larger actors to play gorgs. And then you can costume the gorgs with round bellies, large head pieces and big padded feet to get that gorg appearance and then fade their colors to seperate them from the fraggles (who'd be in bright colors).

And you could do a lot more with set/stage scale tricks - which would make it really interesting for the audience.

you just couldn't have the gorgs actually catching the fraggles with their hands (like they did with miniature fraggles in the show). But i think it's forgiveable - and you can do a lot more.