PROTECT your creations!

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Attention, all creative types!

Orphaned works?

According to my understanding, a new Bill will require that you copyright EVERYTHING from conceptual art and ideas through to finished product. You know I am constantly creating something, and if this bill passes, it allows uncreative people to just steal my hard work and design and make anything they wish of it.

I just used this site to compose a letter against the orphan works bill that is on the blocks for 2008. This bill, if it passes, scares me about what could happen to anyone of our intellectual properties. If you create anything, you need to take a look at this at some point.

Click on this URL to take action now
http://capwiz.com/illustratorspartnership/utr/2/?a=11323576&i=87297052&c=

If your email program does not recognize the URL as a link,
copy the entire URL and paste it into your Web browser.

MrsPepper

Reaction score
What does 'orphaned works' even mean? That sounds really vague, and potentially dangerous... As a Canadian this doesn't apply to me, but as an artist, I support your cause, because this sounds awful.

wwfpooh

Reaction score
What does 'orphaned works' even mean? That sounds really vague, and potentially dangerous... As a Canadian this doesn't apply to me, but as an artist, I support your cause, because this sounds awful.
Add that to the Mouse House backing a bill to get rid essentially of Fair Use & we got things that could ruddy scare the pants off of the regular populous!

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Mom's always having my stuff copyrighted anyway, so I guess this doesn't even concern me, huh?

MrsPepper

Reaction score
You know, I don't even know how to copyright my art.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
It helps to know an attorney.

My sister-in-law's an attorney, so we let her take care of all of these legal issues.

wwfpooh

Reaction score
It helps to know an attorney.

My sister-in-law's an attorney, so we let her take care of all of these legal issues.
But isn't that...I dunno...forcing her to be on-duty, even when she's off-duty?

ReneeLouvier

Reaction score
I just sent off the "form" letter, after reading through it (and finding it quite informative and well written out personally) to my three representives!

Hopefully this'll work, ya'know? I personally, would not want to see that thing passed through the senate/house.

wwfpooh

Reaction score
I just sent off the "form" letter, after reading through it (and finding it quite informative and well written out personally) to my three representives!

Hopefully this'll work, ya'know? I personally, would not want to see that thing passed through the senate/house.
Ditto, but as long as certain people are in charge, I doubt the winds of change are favorable to us.