PROTECT your creations!

Drtooth

Reaction score
God... talk about the most useless and harmful piece of crap in the entire history of bills. As if being creative isn't hard enough, not the corporate heads want to muck it up so no one will ever want to be creative at all. I bet a lobbies group of copyright lawyers losing business proposed this.

That and the end to fair use, and the eventual commercialization of the internet make me just hate what's become of this country. It's better than the others, yes... but this corporate control is a total joke.

Super Scooter

Reaction score
I'm not able to send the letter, because there are a few things there that don't apply to me at present. I don't have my own business, but I was working towards that. I was hoping to have one by the end of next year. Is there a version of the letter that any artist, even those who don't presently sell any of their work, could send?

If I understand this right, I would have to copyright absolutely everything I ever create, whether I make any money off it or not? That could get expensive. And even if I do copyright my work, that's no guarantee that a person won't get away with stealing said work. Is that right?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
But isn't that...I dunno...forcing her to be on-duty, even when she's off-duty?
It's part of her JOB... I'm not forcing her to be on-duty, she hasn't even done any of this yet, that's why I said I we'll let her take care of all this legal stuff for me.

wwfpooh

Reaction score
God... talk about the most useless and harmful piece of crap in the entire history of bills. As if being creative isn't hard enough, not the corporate heads want to muck it up so no one will ever want to be creative at all. I bet a lobbies group of copyright lawyers losing business proposed this.

That and the end to fair use, and the eventual commercialization of the internet make me just hate what's become of this country. It's better than the others, yes... but this corporate control is a total joke.
Agreed. We're becoming more and more of one-government country instead of the people's republic/"democracy" that we once were.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I swear, there is less and less reason for anyone to be creative anymore. Cartoonists are clearly unwanted (no thanks to Tween coms brainwashing kids to grow up fast), and it's impossible for them to get a foot in the door anyway. Now this just adds an extra slap in the face.

The era of the up and coming nobody becoming something big and wonderful (and we can all think of one example, look what website we're on) are over. A system has been set up that only rich people who were born rich can become rich, and the poor people sit there working on fan art and fan fics no one will care about.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
People seem to love my fan art, and are always anxious to read my fan fics, but that's besides the point, lol.

wwfpooh

Reaction score
I swear, there is less and less reason for anyone to be creative anymore. Cartoonists are clearly unwanted (no thanks to Tween coms brainwashing kids to grow up fast), and it's impossible for them to get a foot in the door anyway. Now this just adds an extra slap in the face.

The era of the up and coming nobody becoming something big and wonderful (and we can all think of one example, look what website we're on) are over. A system has been set up that only rich people who were born rich can become rich, and the poor people sit there working on fan art and fan fics no one will care about.
*mournfully sings* :sing: The poor get poorier and the rich get richier.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Add that to the Mouse House backing a bill to get rid essentially of Fair Use & we got things that could ruddy scare the pants off of the regular populous!
Could you further elaborate?

wwfpooh

Reaction score
Could you further elaborate?
Well, let us just say that--with the emergence of sites like YouTube--Disney is upset that people can see their movies and whatnot for free, instead of paying for them. Thus, execs within the Mouse House are all for a recent bill that will further resctrict Fair Use. I would say more, but that would jepardize Disney reputation as the "Happiest Place on Earth". XD