PROTECT your creations!

Drtooth

Reaction score
Well, let us just say that--with the emergence of sites like YouTube--Disney is upset that people can see their movies and whatnot for free, instead of paying for them. Thus, execs within the Mouse House are all for a recent bill that will further resctrict Fair Use. I would say more, but that would jepardize Disney reputation as the "Happiest Place on Earth". XD
Why don;t they demand the full clips be taken down then? I know numerous (Japanese) companies that freak out, and delete anything they can in one sitting.

I feel saying that "it's stealing from us" is a crock. Yes, there's a little to it to that, but in all honesty. They don;t want to buy up the internet to protect their copyrights... they want to buy up the internet so they have no more competition for their crappy Tv shows or movies no one's been watching lately.

it's just easier to buy influence and tear down little guys than to fix the problem their own cursed selves.

Just another further step in turning the internet into a barron wasteland of unenjoyable garbage, just like TV, radio, print media, and movies.

Fix your OWN problems at the bigger level, and maybe, just maybe, people will get excited enough to leave their computers. That's what they NEED to do.

wwfpooh

Reaction score
Well said, but unfortunately, the execs in charge of networks now--whether Disney or not--don't see things in that light.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Well said, but unfortunately, the execs in charge of networks now--whether Disney or not--don't see things in that light.
Oh, they see that light. it's just cheaper and easier to cut everyone down and shift the blame.

wwfpooh

Reaction score
Oh, they see that light. it's just cheaper and easier to cut everyone down and shift the blame.
Oh, the whole "must blame someone other than those responsible" clause in corporate business!

anythingmuppet

Reaction score
The era of the up and coming nobody becoming something big and wonderful (and we can all think of one example, look what website we're on) are over. A system has been set up that only rich people who were born rich can become rich, and the poor people sit there working on fan art and fan fics no one will care about.
Yeah, and that system has been around in American and European societies for centuries: it's the Class System. It's like the stories of the early financiers and bankers of this country: if you were born into a rich family, you had it made. It's nothing new, but it certainly is active, especially when discussing animators and cartoonists. :smirk:

I myself have yet to copyright my own works and I REALLY ought to very soon, before I put it out on the Interwebs this summer.

Redsonga

Reaction score
I still don't understand the details of this but...
For many years now I have felt like big tv/book series surf the internet and steal ideas from fanfics without anyone being the wiser to began with :stick_out_tongue:

Drtooth

Reaction score
Yeah, and that system has been around in American and European societies for centuries: it's the Class System. It's like the stories of the early financiers and bankers of this country: if you were born into a rich family, you had it made. It's nothing new, but it certainly is active, especially when discussing animators and cartoonists. :smirk:
But indeed it has gotten mush worse at this point. The fact that we make celebrities out of people like Paris Hilton and Nichole Richie, both of whom are famous for being famous for being rich spoiled brats.

Think of it this way. If Jim Henson had tried any of what he did in this day and age, he'd be a street performer and nothing more, while "Farmer wants a Wife" get picked up for 80 more seasons.

I don't mind struggling in vain to achieve a dream, but I want to be denied BY someone, and not predenied by my own fate. I want to try and fail at least. not be stuck down here not even having the money to put anything to work.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Well, let us just say that--with the emergence of sites like YouTube--Disney is upset that people can see their movies and whatnot for free, instead of paying for them. Thus, execs within the Mouse House are all for a recent bill that will further resctrict Fair Use. I would say more, but that would jepardize Disney reputation as the "Happiest Place on Earth". XD
Explain to me. What exactly is "fair use"