puppet accesories

video567

Reaction score
hi all i was wondering if anyone could offer a recommendation on making a good mustache. i want to make my character look as close as possible to me, i just dont want to do a yarn mustache. any ideas?

Blink

Reaction score
video567 said:
hi all i was wondering if anyone could offer a recommendation on making a good mustache. i want to make my character look as close as possible to me, i just dont want to do a yarn mustache. any ideas?
Fun fur works well. There are many types. Colours, lengths, even sheen can be almost limitless (if you know where to look). Do a walk about in you area's local fabric district, or check out a few fabric stores in your area.

Hope that helps.

Frogpuppeteer

Reaction score
i remember for a school project once we needed a mustache for one of the guys and we ended up at iparty they had some that looked pretty odd and we found what was needed i go there for certain accesories

gfarkwort

Reaction score
Or you could use real hair....or wig hair like from sally's salon.....or a place like it

pjspuppets

Reaction score
facial hair

A technique I've used with success for eyebrows and moustaches is this.

I run hot glue where I want the facial hair, then I quickly put a piece of fake-fur (fur side down) on the glue. After it cools, I trim the backing off the fur, and trim the glued-down hairs to the appropriate length and shape.

Of course, you'll want to practice on scrap fabric before you actually try it on your puppet's face....

Does any of this make sense?

Pat