Puppet Class on SNL

mupcollector1

Reaction score
http://www.nbc.com/saturday-night-live/video/puppet-class/n27673/
Did PuppetHeap or The Jim Henson Company build these puppets? They look a little too close to the Muppet style in my opinion. Personally I felt this sketch was terrible and a unclearly written mockery towards the art of puppetry. Again, just my opinion. I think Kenan Tombson is very talented, I'm a fan of Kenan & Kel and All That but once he did SNL, well...

What do you all think about this?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I personally thought the sketch was hilarious. Not sure who did the puppets for it, but I thought they were great... and what Bill Hader did with "Tony" was side-splitting.

But, who is Kenan Tombson? He is the less talented and more egotistical evil twin brother of Kenan Thompson?

mupcollector1

Reaction score
But, who is Kenan Tombson? He is the less talented and more egotistical evil twin brother of Kenan Thompson?
LOL That's funny. I love it. ha ha ha, Best remark to my mis-spelling. lol

But yeah, I wish Kenan and Kel were back together doing slapstick films. They were like the modern day 90s version of the vaudeville straight man and comic team. That's so rare today. Even Kenan and Kel on All That and the Good Burger movie, they were just brilliant. So many memorable characters. :smile:

WillyThePig

Reaction score
Im pretty sure the Henson company didn't build these. If you look at the fabric covering them it looks more like a terry cloth than a fleece. And I do feel that at times they were poking fun at puppetry and puppeteers but I still thought it was pretty funny. Especially tony with all his repressed memories