Puppet collecting

Camellia

Reaction score
Hi,
Thought it'd be fun to share stories and photos about puppet collecting. What kinds do you have? Any Pelham collectors here?

My collection consists of Muppet puppets (of course!), various push puppets, Pelham marionettes that I have repainted and recostumed, and marionettes that I have constructed.
have fun!

Blink

Reaction score
Camellia said:
Hi,
Thought it'd be fun to share stories and photos about puppet collecting. What kinds do you have? Any Pelham collectors here?

My collection consists of Muppet puppets (of course!), various push puppets, Pelham marionettes that I have repainted and recostumed, and marionettes that I have constructed.
have fun!
Hi Camellia,

I am just curious. Do you mean to say that you actually have a Muppet puppet, or just like the ones from the store. Or are you talking about a style? The word "Muppet" can mean different things to different people.

I am a collector as well. I choose to collect puppets from builders whose work I admire. I have bought puppets from different builders over the years (a few are even here on this forum).

I am not a big collector of brands or themes (eg. Pelham, or "bear puppets" or anything like that). Like I said I collect puppets I like, which are usually one of a kinds.

Oh and likewise I have a few that I have built as well. I don't really count those as a part of my collection though.

TopperFraggle

Reaction score
Or is anyone else like me, just collecting professional style puppets with no real reason- I just love em. I mean I've toyed around with puppetry but already have a dream job (admittedly still in development) and have no real intention of pursuing puppetry. Anyone else?

wes

Reaction score
I like to collect old vintage puppets I have a Marrinett Clown from the 40's, ineed to take picture of some of them that would be cool!!:smile:

gfarkwort

Reaction score
TopperFraggle said:
Or is anyone else like me, just collecting professional style puppets with no real reason- I just love em. I mean I've toyed around with puppetry but already have a dream job (admittedly still in development) and have no real intention of pursuing puppetry. Anyone else?
I am....but I am pursuing Puppetry....but I have a whole room full...combined with the Puppets I made....although the room is mostly collected puppets....

wes

Reaction score
I counted once all the puppet I have, the combination between bought puppets, and made puppet is at 100.Most of them I have given a name they're like family. I know thats weird but oh well.

I have collected them since i was a child and at some point my grandparents asked me what i wanted for my birthday and i said a puppet. Every year after that they would get me one for my b-day depending how much it costed. Since i started making puppets i haven't bought alot, acept when i see a cute you i cant figure out to make.

Camellia

Reaction score
Hi, I have mass-marketed Muppet puppets such as the Fisher Price 1970's Kermit or Miss Piggy, etc. :smile: That 1970's grover is too cool, great fur color match to the real Grover.

It'd be interesting to see people's pics of collections. I'd put out some of mine but everybody's probably seen the Muppet ones already :wink: