1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Puppet dinner

Discussion in 'Puppet News' started by propologist, Sep 26, 2005.

1. propologist Member

Hi Guy's and Gal's,

Here is some of my photos from the dinner.
    Hope you like them.

Propologist
    Mike

photos
  2. Was Once Ernie New Member

Thanks for posting those, Mike! In the words of Tony the Tiger, who unfortunately was never a puppet, "They're grrrrrrrrrrrrreat!!"

:p
  3. Melonpool Member

Yeah, I'm glad you got pictures. I had a camera but never bothered to take it out of my pocket. I guess I was tooo busy puppeteering. Too bad there weren't any pics of the "MC" puppet in there. ;)
  4. Phantom New Member

I bet the people in the restaurant thought you were crazy....oh wait, it is southern California...just another typical dining experience.
  5. Whatever Active Member

Kool! Thanks for sharing!
    *blows Muley a kiss*
  6. Was Once Ernie New Member

I'm not sure, but I think we may have really frightened them. That is, until even they started taking pictures of us!

7. Whatever Active Member

Why isn't your puppet in any of the pictures?
    (60 second rule, grumble grumble grumble)
  8. Kimp the Shrimp Active Member

9. Jinx Member

Those are great! I am so glad that people were taking pictures, becuase I am notorious for having a camera in my pocket and never snapping the shutter!

I really loved it when the other people were taking pictures with their cell phones, and even the restaurant staff were hovering at the door watching us. I think it's safe to say that a good time was had by all!
  10. Phantom New Member

I've never known anybody to actually say that in real life... :p
  11. Jinx Member

Since when is what we do called "Real Life"?! :)
  12. Penelopepitstop New Member

Thank you Thank you Thank you everyone

I had a wonderful time at the dinner and I was so happy to meet all of you and your puppets :excited:

Its so nice to have friends to play with.
    :)
  13. Melonpool Member

I agree! I'd never been able to improv with puppeteers that I haven't known for 20 years before (most of the people I puppeteer at Comic-Con with I've known since I was in high school). It was really cool how easily we all worked off one another.

At some convention in the near future we should have another get-together like this. I know that a few of us have discussed trying to get a panel about cartooning and puppetry at Comic-Con 2006, so maybe we can get that ironed out and spin that off into another puppeteer dinner.

Steve
  14. Was Once Ernie New Member

If we do something at Comic-Con, it has to be Thursday or Friday night. I have a standing business dinner every year on Saturday night. (Gee, I wish they'd let us sit!)

15. propologist Member

photos

More photos are up,
    I will be posting more when I get more time.

photos

Propologist
    Mike
  16. KermieBaby47 Well-Known Member

OH MAN!!!

How I WISH I had thought to stay another night! Would have really loved to do some puppet improv with you guys!

SO glad that PenelopePitstop and her husband made it, only wish they coulda gone to California Adventure the night before.

Cheers!
    Anthony :)

P.S. Was Once Ernie, what was the big surprise you brought with you to the dinner? It's over, Kevin said I could know when it was over, PLEASE! The suspense is killing me! :D
  17. Muppetsdownunder New Member

looks like a great time! What was the food like?
  18. Fozzie Bear Moderator

Mike! Thanks for taking the photos. I'm hoping to gather photo cd's from everyone (getting mine made today) to create one full CD of the weekend to share with everyone.

Anybody who has ANY pictures of the weekend, please send a CD to:
    Kevin L. Williams/Audition Pics
    POB 750823
    Memphis, TN 38175-0823

I'll collect all photos together in seperate folders and send them to the participants.

The food was italian and it was awesome! However, the company was way better than the food! I posted some details in a different thread. I think something Muley did this weekend he needs to do more often when he shouted out, "Okay, time for audience participation! Who's the lady here with the biggest hair?" That made me laugh to myself (and I HOPE it was funny).

Anthony, we voted and decided that you can't know what the surprise was...but, WOE will tell everybody else. You just can't read it! (just kiddin'). :) Man, I wish you could have stayed just ONE MORE NIGHT!!!! AAUGH!
  19. Was Once Ernie New Member

The surprise was...

I brought a photo album of 8 X 10 behind the scenes pictures of the first time I visited Sesame Street in the early 70's. There are pictures of Jim and Frank working Guy Smiley and Grover, and Bert and Ernie and one of me manhandling Bert. Well, touching him anyway (but not inappropriately!!). Obviously, these pictures have never been published anywhere.

20. TravelTravel New Member

Thanks to all the puppeteers who brought characters to the dinner. The improv was fantastic ... it was very impressive to see people who had just met jump in and contribute to the comedy. We oughta take this show on the road...