Puppet dinner

Jinx

Reaction score
Since when is what we do called "Real Life"?! :smile:

Reaction score
Thank you Thank you Thank you everyone

I had a wonderful time at the dinner and I was so happy to meet all of you and your puppets :excited:

Its so nice to have friends to play with.
:smile:

Melonpool

Reaction score
I agree! I'd never been able to improv with puppeteers that I haven't known for 20 years before (most of the people I puppeteer at Comic-Con with I've known since I was in high school). It was really cool how easily we all worked off one another.

At some convention in the near future we should have another get-together like this. I know that a few of us have discussed trying to get a panel about cartooning and puppetry at Comic-Con 2006, so maybe we can get that ironed out and spin that off into another puppeteer dinner.

Steve

Was Once Ernie

Reaction score
If we do something at Comic-Con, it has to be Thursday or Friday night. I have a standing business dinner every year on Saturday night. (Gee, I wish they'd let us sit!)

:stick_out_tongue:

propologist

Reaction score
photos

More photos are up,
I will be posting more when I get more time.

photos

Propologist
Mike

KermieBaby47

Reaction score
OH MAN!!!

How I WISH I had thought to stay another night! Would have really loved to do some puppet improv with you guys!

SO glad that PenelopePitstop and her husband made it, only wish they coulda gone to California Adventure the night before.

Cheers!
Anthony :smile:

P.S. Was Once Ernie, what was the big surprise you brought with you to the dinner? It's over, Kevin said I could know when it was over, PLEASE! The suspense is killing me! :big_grin:

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Mike! Thanks for taking the photos. I'm hoping to gather photo cd's from everyone (getting mine made today) to create one full CD of the weekend to share with everyone.

Anybody who has ANY pictures of the weekend, please send a CD to:
Kevin L. Williams/Audition Pics
POB 750823
Memphis, TN 38175-0823

I'll collect all photos together in seperate folders and send them to the participants.

The food was italian and it was awesome! However, the company was way better than the food! I posted some details in a different thread. I think something Muley did this weekend he needs to do more often when he shouted out, "Okay, time for audience participation! Who's the lady here with the biggest hair?" That made me laugh to myself (and I HOPE it was funny).

Anthony, we voted and decided that you can't know what the surprise was...but, WOE will tell everybody else. You just can't read it! (just kiddin'). :smile: Man, I wish you could have stayed just ONE MORE NIGHT!!!! AAUGH!

Was Once Ernie

Reaction score
The surprise was...

I brought a photo album of 8 X 10 behind the scenes pictures of the first time I visited Sesame Street in the early 70's. There are pictures of Jim and Frank working Guy Smiley and Grover, and Bert and Ernie and one of me manhandling Bert. Well, touching him anyway (but not inappropriately!!). Obviously, these pictures have never been published anywhere.

:stick_out_tongue:

TravelTravel

Reaction score
Thanks to all the puppeteers who brought characters to the dinner. The improv was fantastic ... it was very impressive to see people who had just met jump in and contribute to the comedy. We oughta take this show on the road...