Puppet eyes supplies

Puppetplanet

Reaction score
Those dome eyes are offered by Mercury Plastics for only $0.21 each eye (Only $0.42 a pair instead of $0.90) They come in at least two sizes that I know of.

The information for that company and ordering is found on the building page of my web site. The link is below:

http://www.puppet-planet.com/Build%20Your%20Own.htm

Why pay more, when you can pay less? :wink:

biblebetty

Reaction score
well that is fine except in the other forum threads they say I have to order 1000,00 to get this price? I'm sorry but I don't have that kind of money, and I would paid .99 cents just to get 5 sets. When I go to tall mouse or Michael's I paid 1.99 for crazy eyes. Am I wrong about what I was reading? Well I just call Mercury and they also sell noses too! except you do have to pay for 1,000 order. So if you are a business and need 1,000 go to mercury, But if you only need one or ten sets McGinnis Puppets can help, they are very friendly and the will help with small eyes too! they even ask if you would like them painted instead of you painting them.

Puppetplanet

Reaction score
hmmm, I'm surprised that they told you that, because I just placed an order for 100 pieces.

Buck-Beaver

Reaction score
biblebetty said:
well that is fine except in the other forum threads they say I have to order 1000,00 to get this price? I'm sorry but I don't have that kind of money, and I would paid .99 cents just to get 5 sets. When I go to tall mouse or Michael's I paid 1.99 for crazy eyes. Am I wrong about what I was reading? Well I just call Mercury and they also sell noses too! except you do have to pay for 1000,00 order. So if you are a business and need 1000,00 go to mercury, But if you only need one or ten sets McGinnis Puppets can help, they are very friendly and the will help with small eyes too! they even ask if you would like them painted instead of you painting them.
I think you made a good point Betty, but I believe that Mercury's actual price is about 30 - 50 cents with a minimum order of just 100 pieces for most of their products. I think the last time I checked on these (which was awhile ago) the cost for 100 eyes was about $35 US.

If anyone is on a tight budget or don't need many eyes McGinnis Puppets may be a good option, just remember all they are doing is ordering from Mercury and charging you a mark-up (not that there is anything wrong with that!). If someone needs a lot of eyes and/or you want to save some money Mercury is the better option.

biblebetty

Reaction score
After I post the the info on McGinnis I phoned Mercury direct and the gentman who owns this company with his brother said that there are many puppeteers that call for this item. unforuately they only sell by the 1,000 not 100 a bag. You may have gotten his brother on a good day. But I sent an e-mail to his brother because he actually takes care of the line and he will quote me prices. but the brother I spoke to on the phone said they are a manufacturing company they do not want to split bags. I also do not make that many puppets to justify even a bag of one hundered. so McGinnis is the perfect place for me. But if his brother says drifferent. I will let everyone know.

Bible Betty

Buck-Beaver

Reaction score
Something I forgot to mention was that Mercury Plastics was merged with another manufacturer (Eye Design I think) awhile ago. That may be one reason their "official" minimum order amount has changed. I think I dealt with Eye Design before Mercury took them over.

biblebetty

Reaction score
Oh, that would explain a lot. But I will ask the brother that takes care of the eye line and see if he will do something for us puppet builders. thank-you for all the info.

BB

biblebetty

Reaction score
Sorry everyone I told you 1000,00 I typed it wrong it is 1,000. that is the last time I tell anyone info At 6:00am. I corrected the numbers on both my threads. again sorry.

BB