1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

PUPPET FABRIC - Help!!!

Discussion in 'Puppet Building and Performing' started by superglue, Apr 12, 2005.

1. superglue

superglue New Member

We have been searching high and low for good puppet fabric. I've found a couple people/companies who carry some fabric, and I've ordered some swatches. BUT, what I'm REALLY looking for is blacklight puppets. We've been shopping for blacklight puppets for our church's VBS for months, and we can't find a single one that meets our standards... so we've decided to make them. I've heard of UV dye for fabric, but does it really work? I would really appreciate any help that anyone can give me. Our VBS is in two months, and we've got to get cracking!!! :smirk:
  2. gastage

gastage New Member

Hi Superglue,

Kathy from GA Stage....I've had this info for awhile so I don't know how current it might be. But it's worth a try. I know of 2 companies that carry fluorescent dyes....numbers are below

Aljo Manufacturing 212-226-2878
    Pro Chemical & Dye 800-228-9393

www.puppetproductions.com has fluorescent spray paint but I don't know if that will work for what you're doing. Good Luck! :)
  3. superglue

superglue New Member

Thanks for the information, Kathy.
  4. Buck-Beaver

Buck-Beaver Active Member

I have not worked extensively with dyes, but I did professional black light theatre for almost five years and in my experience store-bought fluorescent fabrics and paints are vastly superior to dye. Aljo would be worth at least experimenting with though.
  5. dramaqueen

dramaqueen New Member

For blacklight fleece/ fabric
    http://www2.mailordercentral.com/oneway/

60" x 1 yard for $15.00. My 19" puppets use 1 1/2 yards of fabric, but I could probably squeeze a smaller puppet from a yard. I haven't worked with this fabric, but it is the only blacklight fabric I have found after an extensive web search. Good luck with VBS!
  6. Buck-Beaver

There a couple of stores here in Toronto that carry extensive stocks of flourescent material. Not sure how they handle long distance orders though. Private message me if you're interested and I'll try to look in to it over the weekend.
  7. superglue

superglue New Member

Thanks, all!

Thanks for all the feedback.

We've used the One Way fabric... great stuff, but getting a little tired of always being tied into yellow or orange. Wildfire has paints in ALL sorts of colors that fluoresce... why not fabric? Frustrating. :eek: We may be stuck with the yellow & orange and just do some fun stuff with hair & clothing.
  8. Mommaduck09

Mommaduck09 New Member

Check outoftheboxpuppets.com
  9. Buck-Beaver

Wow, this is an old thread.
  10. staceyrebecca

staceyrebecca Member

Buck, it is! And your avatar hasn't aged a bit!