Puppet Heap is Hiring

Buck-Beaver

Reaction score
For anyone in & around NYC and NJ who is looking for puppet building work, Puppet Heap is hiring. This is from the PofA Bulletin Board:
Puppet Heap is looking for costumers, stitchers and drapers for immediate hire. The rate is based on experience and the gig will be for one to two weeks. If anyone knows someone who is available and might fit the bill, please have them contact me, Jean Marie, at Puppet Heap (201-222-1014) ASAP, or they can email me at this e-mail address (jeanmarie@puppetheap.com) with their resume and 3-5 images of their work.

muppetinsider

Reaction score
For two weeks? lol. That won't even be worth it to cover the gas to get over there. They should try the Gypsy classified ads if they want someone for two lousy weeks! lol.

ravagefrackle

Reaction score
two weeks can be a the start of somthing , thats life as a freelancer, My original gig At henson years ago was for three weeks, that became 4 years

MGov

Reaction score
For two weeks? lol. That won't even be worth it to cover the gas to get over there. They should try the Gypsy classified ads if they want someone for two lousy weeks! lol.
Well, at least you had the chance to turn down a job you never applied for.

:rolleyes:

muppetinsider

Reaction score
that's true; however if you are out of state are they going to put you up in a hotel for two weeks? I highly doubt it. Maybe you'll make around $800 a week with them, then you spend almost double that for one week at a nearby hotel. Obviously not worth it.
If they were saying we're looking for a new builder to add to our team, period, then it would be worth it to move there as it's a consistent job. But for two weeks? why don't they just use people that they usually use; doesn't make sense to bring someone that they don't even know for only two weeks.

rtgentry

Reaction score
:rolleyes:listen okay you sound like my old friend bitterman. very very very bitterrr okay?:rolleyes:

muppetinsider

Reaction score
Guys, this isn't a puppet building job, this is for draping and costuming. They're not looking for "muppet" builders, they are basically looking for a tailor/pattern maker.

Teenager's

Reaction score
Which is still Very important to puppet building. It's either the First or Last step. Still it's a Good opportunity to work at a Very Cool facility with a Great reputation. & There are Fun people working there already to talk to & work with.

Buck-Beaver

Reaction score
that's true; however if you are out of state are they going to put you up in a hotel for two weeks? I highly doubt it. Maybe you'll make around $800 a week with them, then you spend almost double that for one week at a nearby hotel. Obviously not worth it.
If they were saying we're looking for a new builder to add to our team, period, then it would be worth it to move there as it's a consistent job. But for two weeks? why don't they just use people that they usually use; doesn't make sense to bring someone that they don't even know for only two weeks.
If you read my original post, you notice that I mentioned I was reposting this for the benefit of members in NY or NJ, which is where Puppet Heap is based.