1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Puppet on Ebay

Discussion in 'Puppets For Sale' started by rtgentry, Dec 22, 2005.

1. Buck-Beaver Active Member

At the risk of making a gross cultural generalization, those Russians definately know how to build puppets. The Czechs too.
  2. Tztz Member

LOL. i have to agree with you about this. at least about the russian. what i actualy came to undertsand is that their art schoola are much higher level. they really start to teach there from the most basic level of art. like at the old days, the same way they teach classic arts.
  3. D'Snowth Well-Known Member

Tip of the day, stay away from Russian websites...they're known for sending out viruses and crashing your computer!
  4. Punch'n'Judy New Member

Both Russia and the Czech Republic have completley different attidudes to puppetry from the people of the UK and the USA it is seen as a much more mainstream artform. An artform worthy of government support and funding.

In the UK especially, puppetry is mainly seen as something for children, and whilst in the 20's there was a puppet renaissance lead by 'men of letters', George Bernard Shaw, Edward Gordon Craig etc the same puppet companies who were performing Macbeth to small adult audiences were still performing Muffin the Mule on TV to millions of children. You only to have to read Obratsov's My Profession to see the different attitudes between Russia and other countries. The Moscow State Puppet Theatre, was, and still is, a huge company employing many many people at the tops of their own individual artistic spheres, be they performers, technicians, designers, builders etc.