Puppet Protest/C. Henson in Wash. Post

DanB315

Reaction score
I don't mean to offend anyone, but as we prepare for war it seems appropriate to share this article in today's Washington Post Style section, quoting Cheryl Henson and several of my friends. The article is "Borne in Effigy-If Protest Is Theatre, Its Biggest Actors Are Puppets" and "Puppets On The March: The Mocking Faces of Protest".

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A35656-2003Mar16.html

The original has additional photos.

Danny Burge

Buck-Beaver

Reaction score
Thanks for sharing this very interesting article. My favorite line was Is it the politicians, or the puppets, that give you the willies?

It's definately the politicians. :wink:

punkNpuppets

Reaction score
lemme tell ya guys bout MY anti-war protest. it was a few monthes ago. there was that walk-out thing, but i didnt do that. i did a protest after school!:halo:

anyways, my mom shoppin around in some near-by stores and she thought "I wanna go see paul walkin around quietly with his sign"....

instead she see's me screaming into a microphone going "MONEY FOR SCHOOL" and then everyone yelled "NOT FOR WAR!". it was awesome. and heres something i said, but NOT into the mic. i said "1, 2, 3, 4, we dont want no f-ckin war!!!"

woo..good times, good times...oh and btw, there was this fat pro-war dude across the street holding a sign saying "GOD BLESS AMERICA AND GEORGE BUSH" it was funny cuz there was 1 of him and, like, 20 of us! it was wicked fun...good times...