1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Puppet Replica Collection (last resort)

Discussion in 'Puppet News' started by rtgentry, Jan 3, 2009.

1. rtgentry

rtgentry Member

Hey Guys,

2009 has got to be better. I know the economy is bad but come on. My wife just had invasive neck surgery a couple a weeks ago and being a both being college students/parents/part time work force, the bills are overwelming.

SO , I am at a last resort and decided to post this dispite all the neg comments it will draw.

I am looking to sell part of my puppet collection to cover a couple of necessities.

I am interested in selling a full bodied Gonzo puppet, Full bodied Grover puppet, A pirate puppet that WES built.

I am hoping a serious collector would see this here to help me out.

Please PM me if interested.

Here's to 2009!
  2. dwmckim

dwmckim Well-Known Member

I don't anticipate much negative comments - there's a marked difference between a collector selling something he originally purchased not thinking about having to sell it later on to pay bills/survive and someone who makes bootleg copies of a copyrighted franchise at a major profit in ways that fool others into thinking they're buying something authorized.

I suspect many of my prized Muppet collectables will be entering other fans' hands this year as well - sorry to hear about your struggles.
  3. rtgentry

rtgentry Member

This year is about priorities
  4. mrhogg

mrhogg New Member

I'm very sorry to hear about your current troubles, rtgentry.

Question: What/Who is WES?
  5. rtgentry

rtgentry Member

wes is a member here wes brock
  6. muppetperson

muppetperson Well-Known Member

I hope 2009 gets better for you and your Wife, and that you have really thought through all your financial options and that you dont regret selling something and realise you could of done or sold something else, once your things are gone.
  7. davidmartiste

davidmartiste Member

Any links to photos you can provide?
  8. rtgentry

rtgentry Member

my youtube account is rtgentry

I have some vids of gonzo on there. I can email pics of the others to interested parties thru pm requests
  9. rtgentry

rtgentry Member

10. rtgentry

rtgentry Member

Thanks , I have thought that through. My kids wont let me sell elmo. I cant bear to lose kermit. I also have statler and waldorf which due to the poor quality of build , they are now posers.

Grover is collecting dust. Gonzo, he will be missed.
  11. Erine81981

Erine81981 Active Member

I would love to have Grover again Gentry. What would you sell for again? 100 or 200? Just let me know and i can try again to get you the money before you send him off.
  12. mrjays

mrjays New Member

Can you show us some better pictures of the puppet that you are selling and maybe also your kermit puppet?:)
  13. rtgentry

rtgentry Member

Kermit is not for sale, as for pics of the puppet(s) for sale all interested should pm me as posted above.
  14. Muppets Mad

Muppets Mad New Member

Hello,

i would love to see a picture of your grover if i could? im desperatly wanting to expand my muppet collection and cant at the moment as still no news on fozzie bear!

I know you said your not selling elmo, but would i be able to see what he looks like? i love elmo and am just interested to see him! sorry to bother you, but if you can then that would be great!:excited:

I already have kermit, animal and gonzo but i need the rest, i hope they sort it out and carry on with fozzie as planned. Im gutted that they mite stop it completely as i wanted to finish a collection now that ive started!

hope to hear from you soon love sammi x:o
  15. MuppetCaper

MuppetCaper Active Member

I love the Statler and Waldorf puppets on your YouTube. Wished they made these to add to my collection. Also just love the Gonzo as well.
  16. rtgentry

rtgentry Member

17. rtgentry

rtgentry Member

Hey guys,

Here is my wish list for the puppets

Gonzo $500

Grover $450

Pirate $100

I will give discounts for multiple puppets bought, and good deal for payment received by the end of this week.

Pm me
  18. rtgentry

rtgentry Member

19. muppetinsider

muppetinsider New Member

So who built you the Gonzo, Rowlf and Grover?
  20. rtgentry

rtgentry Member

They were built by great companies, Great quality and very professional. The names are respectfully being withheld, due to it really not being important.

Thanks