Puppet Up! Uncensored Melbourne Report

dyson

Reaction score
I went to the final Australian show Sunday 15th April in Melbourne at the Princess Theatre. It was fantastic. 90 minutes of hilarity and mirth.

The theatre is quite large - it seats 1488 people - and was a full house.

At the end they did something Brian Henson said they had never done in the 2 years of performing Puppet Up! Uncensored. They put a puppet on the host, Patrick Bristow, and got him to improv during the penultimate song. He was actually pretty good.

Had they really never done this before?

MuppetsfromOz

Reaction score
I saw the show in Melbourne on the 7th, and it was great. There were tons of sketches packed into the 90 minutes, and mostly all were very funny. It would probably have been hard for the performers at times, as many suggestions were Australian personalities, but I suppose it made it funnier for the audiences.

One part of the show I had not heard about before I saw it, was towards the end they had an audience member come onstage and perform a puppet as part of a sketch. It would have been a dream come true for some of us muppet fans!

After the show I met and got photos with Brian, Victor, Julliane and Patrick. They were all very nice and personable and happy to talk and have a photo.

There has been quite alot of press here in Australia on the show, if you google news "puppet up" you can find some articles. Also televised last night on Australian TV was the Puppet Up team performing two sketches as part of the Melbourne International Comedy Festival.