1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Puppetry schools

Discussion in 'Puppet News' started by puppetology96, Jan 1, 2012.

1. puppetology96

puppetology96 New Member

I am in my last years of high school and am looking to pursue a career in puppetry.Unfortunately, I am having a difficult time finding a college worth while for me to be able to advance my puppetry skills as much as possible. If anybody knows a good puppetry school then i'd be most gracious if you would let me know about it so i could look in to it. Thanks:)
  2. charlietheowl

charlietheowl Well-Known Member

I know that my university, the University of Connecticut, has one of the few puppetry programs for bachelor's and master's degrees in the nation. I'm not in the program, but it has an excellent reputation on campus. The university itself has a beautiful campus if you can handle a little cold, plus there are lots of new buildings being built and wonderful sports teams as well.

Here's a link to the puppetry school home page.
  3. Muppet fan 123

Muppet fan 123 Well-Known Member

4. The Shoe Fairy

The Shoe Fairy Active Member

UNIMA USA has a list of puppetry schools worldwide available on their website, UConn does rank very highly amongst them.