Puppets builders not answering my emails

Vector

Reaction score
I'm a french puppeteer and I tried (several times) to contact for a custom puppet - Jarrod Boutcher - Russ Walko -Nutty Puppets but they don't answer to my emails. My deadline is now close (august) and I don't have the practice puppet I need for the workshop I'll attend with Jim Martin (Sesame Street) in Europe this summer.

Any idea why they don't answer to their customers ?

The Shoe Fairy

Reaction score
Salut! Si vous voulez je peux parler francais ici, mais je n'ai pas un clavier francais/mon ordinateur deteste moi.

Anyway, have you tried contacting them through other means, such as a message on a forum? A possible answer as to why you haven't recieved a response is your email is being blocked as spam by the people you are trying to contact. Strange as it sounds, it has happened to me and I've had important emails sent straight to the junk folder accidentally. This can often be on the basis of your email adress containing numbers or being hosted at some sites.

Otherwise, I'm not so sure. Hopefully someone else here can help you better than me.

TML

Reaction score
I too have sent messages to Jarrod before and have never-ever received a response either, so you're not alone.

Animal31

Reaction score
Have you tried him through his blog as well? It may just be that he's focusing on orders that he already has? Nutty Puppets actually just had a few puppets up on eBay that you could have tried for if you needed one quick...

Animal31

Reaction score
After a few years?!?!? I would try someone else at this point......:smile:

The Shoe Fairy

Reaction score
Animal, maybe you're up for a comish at this point eh? Nothing like drumming up buisness. I'd hire you to be honest, your puppets seem to all come out fantastic.

Animal31

Reaction score
Wow Shoe Fairy, I think I owe you a comish for that one! Honestly, there are alot of great builders on this forum he could ask that would love the chance. But if he has been waiting a few years already for a reply from Jarrod, then I think his mind is already made up........ :smile:

Keeermit

Reaction score
Hmm hi guys - seems I need to improve my email skills , sorry for all those who never got a response from me. I have just changed a few settings on my email so now hopefully so many wont go directly to my "junk" folder. Please email again in regards to puppet stuff. And please be patient as I am a one man business. I don't have any patterns for sale ( the most asked question i get) - try www.projectpuppet.com .