Puppety Teeth

Puppetplanet

Reaction score
Hey, you guys are always great about providing support and ideas....... I think I'm having a brain fart, because I can't find a decent method to make teeth. Anyone got any suggestions?

-Michele

puppets_etc

Reaction score
Thus far I haven't attempted teeth, but I think I'll start with either Fun Foam sheets, or felt. I've also thought about using..........uh oh, brain farts must be contagious. I know what I want to say, but can't remember what its called. Um, not upholstry but.....oh poo.......:mad: Anyway, its shiny on one side.:rolleyes:

I'll post again when I can think straight:embarrassed:

Deb:flirt:

Puppetplanet

Reaction score
Well at first I'd like to try something subtle with teeth like Janice has.:flirt:

But it would be fun to do something outrageous like Dr. Teeth's grill. :big_grin:

I've used regular foam and then covered with with some kind of molding cement stuff to make it hard, but it's VERY tedious and time consuming even for the one tooth I put on the puppet I was working on. After all that work with paint, repaint, and repaint, and....... Well, the look and texture still wasn't what I wanted.

Hey Deb, what is the fun foam that you used? Is that the small sheets of stuff that they sell pretty cheaply at Joan's Fabric? How do you get that into the shape you want and on the puppet? Got any examples? Would love to see 'em.

-Michele

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
You can use "popcorn" from a package, but it's brittle.

I think Janice's teeth might be foam, carved into the shape.

officermom

Reaction score
I have yet to use teeth for any of my puppets but you might try Friendly Plastic (which comes in flat "sticks" which are heated and then molded) or polymer clay (like Fimo or Sculpey).

Both of these mediums can be used to shape individual teeth or a whole mouthful of "pearly whites".

These craft products are commonly available but Friendly Plastic may be most easily found via the internet (depending on your location).

Hope this helps.

--Melissa

Buck-Beaver

Reaction score
I've used beads from a local bead supply place to make baby teeth for Audrey II puppets for Little Shop of Horrors. Wal-Mart carries the same kind, usuall in packs of 100 or so for 99 cents.