Questian about Caper

Beauregard

Reaction score
Hi all,

Does any one know if the pigion (is that spelt right?) on Muppet Caper is Ernie, (or is it Bert's) pigion from Sesamie Street (spelt wrong I bet)

Gonzo takes a picture of this perticular pigion on Caper and say's "local poultry."

Is the pigion a cameo?

Thank's for the help.

Beauregard

Janice & Mokey's Man

Reaction score
I really doubt it, I think it's just a pigeon in general.

And it was Bert who had the pigeon, Bernice.

matleo

Reaction score
No couldn't be the same pigeons. Apparently the UK has very strict laws about the import/exportation of animals and so you would notbe able to transport the Americn pigeon (bernice) to the UK to film GMC...unless of course it was an unladen pigeon who had been transporting coconuts to the set.

--Matt

radionate

Reaction score
You know there have been more Bernice sightings lately then Elvis. For example....I was having lunch yesterday when this pigeon came up to me with a sign that said, "Will Coo for Food.". I struck up a conversation with it, like any normal person would, and this pigeon gave me some lame story about being out of work and thrown off of one street and onto another. HE WAS CLAIMING TO BE BERNICE. Now was it? Who knows. It was a male pigeon, but Lassie was played by a boy too. Maybe I'll have lunch tomorrow and see if he wants to play checkers. I'll ask him about this pigeon in T.G.M.C. too.

beaker

Reaction score
>>>No couldn't be the same pigeons. Apparently the UK has very strict laws about the import/exportation of animals and so you would notbe able to transport the Americn pigeon (bernice) to the UK to film GMC...unless of course it was an unladen pigeon who had been transporting coconuts to the set<<<

I had no idea abou tthis, til it was made clear in the secrets behind the muppets special in 1989 on the JHH.

Btw, about this thread...does this mean Ernie's rubber duckey had a cameo in MFS? And was hat Galdys the cow in the opening musical segment? Ok...I know there hasnt been a Sesame cameo on a Muppet film since MTM.

Beauregard

Reaction score
So, I thought I'd bring up this topic again, now that some new people are here to debate it.

Was that pigeon Bernice?

rexcrk

Reaction score
Uncle deadly said:
isnt it a chciken he takes a picture of??
In the "Hey A Movie!" number it is. Later on in the movie Gonzo takes a picture of a pidgeon :smile: