Question about authentic Muppet Props

Vintagephreak

Reaction score
Hi all,

Just joined the site, great to have a forum in which to discuss all things Henson. I just wondered if anybody's ever witnessed authentic Muppet props or puppets (i.e. not replicas) from the shows or movies being auctioned off or sold to the public? I would assume some such items have at some point in time been auctioned off through auction houses or even on eBay, and if so which items were they and what sort of prices did they achieve? Any input appreciated.

All the best from newbie Martin (Norway)

Was Once Ernie

Reaction score
All the props, costumes and vehicles from The Muppet Movie were auctioned off in a public auction about 6 months after the film came out. I got three puppeteer chairs with tilting backs and casters that were used during filming. I paid $90 for them ($30 apiece). A friend of mine got the trick stool that Kermit sits on.

There were no puppets in this auction, but Doc Hopper's frog costume was in it.

:stick_out_tongue:

BobThePizzaBoy

Reaction score
Some props from Elmo in Grouchland and Muppets from Space popped up on Ebay years ago. I remember they had a sign with Gonzo's face on it (from Cape Doom), the Stuckweed puppet and storyboards from both films.

muppetperson

Reaction score
There have been Miss piggy heads on ebay, along with an actual kermit, but it was withdrawn.Gonzo noses that the crowd wore in muppets from Space have also popped up from time to time.Miss Piggy's shoes have also been sold, I think it was Sotherby's.

Reevz1977

Reaction score
Hi all,

Just joined the site, great to have a forum in which to discuss all things Henson. I just wondered if anybody's ever witnessed authentic Muppet props or puppets (i.e. not replicas) from the shows or movies being auctioned off or sold to the public? I would assume some such items have at some point in time been auctioned off through auction houses or even on eBay, and if so which items were they and what sort of prices did they achieve? Any input appreciated.

All the best from newbie Martin (Norway)
Hi Martin, I have seen numerous props crop up on ebay and also at The Propstore of London (www.propstore.com). The best I've ever seen is a Statler head - that was sooo cool! Personally I own a Miss Piggy glove from the Muppet Show signed by Frank Oz and Jim Henson Signature.

Vic Romano

Reaction score
While not movie props, seats from the Muppet theater from MV3D often show up on eBay as they have to be replaced for wear-and-tear from park guests.

Kermieuk

Reaction score
Great items,

The propstore currently have a hand of the ghost of Xmas Present, Its unfinished and wasnt screen used, at £395 I wont be buying it! lol

Statler and Waldorf heads are amazing, imagine owning them!

Chris

muppetperson

Reaction score
Chris, you just reminded me of the Fozzie bear Muppet that was going to be sold, but got withdrawn.