Question about awesome layout

Ernie101

Reaction score
Im back btw.aswell how did you make the banner above ^ and the one on the main page with the fraggles that move up and down when you put mouse on them.Please tell me how you did this thanks.

Ernie101

Reaction score
Was it hard? Aswell Is the program self explanatory?

Luke

Reaction score
Jamies a 'he' not a 'she' ! He probably screen captured some of the images from DVD's, scanned others from source matierial like books or other pictures, even drew some of it herself err i mean himself. The program is fairly hard (gets harder as you wanna do more complicated things) but you can take courses in it and things like that. The trick is to know how to use it properly and also to have some art skills on the side so you draw the background scenes or anything else that needs to be added.

GWGumby

Reaction score
I've just started using flash in the past couple weeks. The program is not very self-explanatory, but there are a TON of resources on the web that have tutorials on how to use it.

You can download a 30 day demo of the program from the site scarecroe listed, but the program itself is about $500.

Once you get the hang of it which doesn't take too incredibly long if you find the right resources, an interactive banner similar to what is showing at the top of the page is not that difficult to create.

What's difficult is getting the artwork and resources together. After that, it's relatively simple to do basic animations with some basic interactivity.

There's a ton of things you can do with the program from nice looking menus to interactive games to all-out cartoons. As Luke says, it requires artistic skills as well as a decent understanding of programming, since a lot of the fancier functionality may require scripting by hand.

radionate

Reaction score
Originally posted by Luke
Jamies a 'he' not a 'she' ! ...even drew some of it herself err i mean himself.
Out of my friendship for Jamie, I'm not going to crack any jokes. Thanks for the chuckle today Luke, and blackmail material for our own Frogboy later on. :wink: (not to meantion a good week of fodder to tease him with)