Question about "Daria" closing credits

YellowYahooey

Reaction score
I remember watching Daria for just over a year on YTV in the late 1990s, but gave up at the start of 2000 - just before Season 3 wrapped up.

I do recall seeing the title character and other major recurring characters in cosplay outfits during the closing credits. There were some outfits that I don't agree with, which is one of the reasons why I gave up watching the show. I'd like to ask, what are the various costumes worn by Daria and the recurring characters in the closing credits each season?

I know, in Season 1 and maybe 2, Daria was a majorette in a marching band (holding a baton); and in Season 3, Daria dressed as a Baywatch lifeguard, a parody of Mary Lou Retton, and a Sesame Street-style blue Muppet (showing her actual face). I believe one outfit that Kevin, a recurring male character wore in Season 1 and maybe 2, was George Washington. Another recurring male character, Trent, resembled a fisherman that same season. One of Brittany's cosplay images in Season 3 resembled a robot or some kind of cyborg.

I even saw on a Daria Wiki, a picture of Daria as the portrait in the Mona Lisa, emulating Mona Lisa's smile (in a very rare occurrence, since Daria is normally a sad sack kind of character).

EDIT: I had since found a list on a Wiki page displaying alter-egos of Daria and the recurring characters in cosplay during the closing credits. However, it does not display the corresponding seasons they were shown.

Last edited:

YellowYahooey

Reaction score
What I had thought to be Daria as a majorette in a marching band, was actually a 60s go-go dancer - as I recall seeing her wearing go-go boots.