1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Question about Jack the Dog

Discussion in 'Bear in the Big Blue House' started by Muppet Frog, Nov 1, 2010.

1. Muppet Frog

Muppet Frog Member

Since Dave Goelz performed Jack the Dog in A Berry Bear Christmas, how did Dave got picked to perform Jack and who does Jack sound like?
  2. Princeton

Princeton Active Member

I'n not sure how he got picked to perform Jack, but I do remember that he sounded like Uncle Matt with a Southern drawl.
  3. BobThePizzaBoy

BobThePizzaBoy Well-Known Member

I'm sure Dave was picked because since this was the first special episode of BITBBH, they would want a veteran performer from the Muppet Show days to make it even more special, for the puppeteers and the puppet geeks like us. Jim and Richard were obviously dead, Jerry was probably busy upstairs doing The Count, Frank was probably off directing... leaving Dave. And I'm sure he was enthusiastic to take part in the show. I've met several of the puppeteers who worked on Bear and they are a really great happy group of people. As is Dave!
  4. MuppetsFan4Life

MuppetsFan4Life Active Member

That was Dave? OMG! I never realized that until now, but he does kinda sound like Uncle "Travelling" Matt! Jack was a funny character, but he really taught kids something in the first part of the Christmas episode. I'm glad that Doc Hogg gave him a home and that he worked at the Woodland Valley Fire Department. He has kind of a gruff, Southern voice. Man, I miss this show!
  5. Collgoff

Collgoff Well-Known Member

Well do renember seeing Jack the dog on Bear in the big blue house christmas 2 part epidsode when I first saw don't know anything about behind the sceens back then.
    When you guys said that Jack sounded like Gobo's uncle Matt when Dave Gloze did Jack but I don't even renember what he sound like.
    Trust me I don't!
  6. Collgoff

Collgoff Well-Known Member

Do they know him before the special?