1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Question about Pretzel M&Ms

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by D'Snowth, Mar 24, 2012.

1. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

I just got to thinking... are Pretzel M&Ms supposed to be like a replacement for those 'Crispy M&Ms" they introduced for like a year in the late 90s (which Orange was the spokesM&M for)?
  2. Speed Tracer

Speed Tracer Well-Known Member

I don't think so, as there are few delicacies in the world such as Pretzel M&Ms. The first time I ate one, I saw the world with perfect clarity, all of its systems unified in a balanced, eternal cycle. I didn't even notice myself; I just felt like a part of everything. I had no wants. The rest of the day was a blur. I ate three bags in all, with no worry for trifling matters. If I had plans, they were made by an incorrect life I no longer planned on maintaining, in favor of eating Pretzel M&Ms.
    Bannanasketch and charlietheowl like this.
  3. Sgt Floyd

Sgt Floyd Well-Known Member

Meh...they really arent that good and I love chocolate covered pretzels
  4. heralde

heralde Well-Known Member

Ditto, I love chocolate covered pretzels but for some reason pretzel M&Ms do nothing for me, lol.
  5. Sgt Floyd

I think it has to do with m&m chocolate not being all that smooth or the pretzels being too airy
  6. heralde

Yeah definitely too airy. I enjoy the peanut M&Ms more.
  7. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

I wish I could remember the guy's name... there's some guy who wrote a book called "Candy Freak" or something. He went on some local television show and said this about the American candy market... we basically have like 3 major national candy companies, Hershey's, Mars, and Nestle. While they do occasionally come up with a completely new product, for the most part, all new candy bars are alterations of pre-existing ones, swapping out a different kind of chocolate and/or one different filling. And often times, those are just temporary. So basically, we have M&M's, Snickers, Reeses Peanut Butter Cups, Milky Ways, Butterfingers, Crunch Bars Kit Kats, 3 Musketeers, and Twix, and every other candy besides the plain versions are spinoff versions of those, tweaking the size and flavors.

M&M's go through different fillings like no one's business. Some are year round, some disappear, some pop back up for promotional reasons... I'd say they're using Orange as the Pretzel flavor now (why waste a mascot) to answer D'Snowth's question. Now it seems they're working in putting the flavor into the shells as well as the chocolate. I like the coconut M&M's but I think the Hershey's Almond Joy M&M knockoffs are superior due to the fact they actually have coconut in them.

Now if you want a complete freak out list of varieties of flavor a single candy bar can have, look at this List of Kitkat Flavors, and pay attention to the really bizzarre Japanese ones. They have SAVORY candies! :batty:

And to think, all we get is white, dark, standard and maybe that big one if it still exists.
  8. charlietheowl

charlietheowl Well-Known Member

I miss Crispy M&M's. They were underrated.
    Yorick and D'Snowth like this.
  9. Beauregard

Beauregard Well-Known Member

"Pretzel M&Ms? I said no Pretzel M&Ms!!!" -- Miss Piggy

Well, now I FINALLY know what she was talking about! I always thought she said, "Pastel" M&M's as in the colour, because in the UK we pretty much have just plain chocolate or Peanut flavours.
    Yorick likes this.
  10. D'Snowth

Same here, I liked 'em.
    charlietheowl likes this.
  11. Drtooth

And you also get Lion bars. So I wouldn't complain about lack of M&M's if you have ambrosia over there.

And chocolate eggs with toys in them. They can't even import those here anymore.
  12. D'Snowth

Heck, they don't even put actual prizes in Cracker Jacks anymore.
  13. Speed Tracer

Speed Tracer Well-Known Member

I really thought it was "Pastel," but now that I think about it that makes no sense.
  14. Beakerfan

Beakerfan Active Member

I love Pretzel M&M's! Although, my favorites are the Peanut Butter M&M's and the Coconut M&M's :D
  15. charlietheowl

They make coconut M&M's? Never seen those before.
  16. D'Snowth

Ick, I hate coconut.
  17. Sgt Floyd

I've seen almond M&Ms...at least I think so.
  18. charlietheowl

I think coconut's one of those foods that people either love or hate. I am squarely in the love category, and I am rationing my way through some boxes of Samoa girl scout cookies as we speak. I could eat like an entire box in one sitting they're so good.
  19. heralde

Samoas are my favorite, lol.
    charlietheowl likes this.
  20. Drtooth

Oh no... we're completely robbed of small pieces of paper we're likely to throw away. Oh no.... :rolleyes:

We can't have chocolate with toys inside because some dumb grandmother ignored a freaking 3 and up warning on the box and gave a 2 year old a Nestles Wonderball and he choked on it. Kinder Surprise eggs have been around since the 1970's every where else in the world, and one dumb kid chokes on one American one and we don't have them anymore. Not even in import shops. Unless you see a Japanese Super Mario one, in that case, be willing to pay like 10 bucks for it.

Freaking regulations. We can't get banks and oil companies to behave, but sell a product to children and it has to be safe enough for a mentally inferior monkey to shove in its nose.

Actually, there's a very good point here... certain foods taste different if they have a different shape and size. Most of the time, it's due to a ratio being altered. Like how mini-Chips Ahoy cookies taste slightly different than the regular sized ones. While Pretzel M&M's taste similar to chocolate pretzels, there's just so many factors that make it completely different. Among other reasons, the "pretzel" in the M&M is a tiny little doughball, specifically made for this kinda M&M. You don't have the same salt crystals and chocolate to pretzel ratio.

Now the least tastey M&M's are the White Chocolate ones they released for POTC. They were WAAAAAAAY too sweet. Toothache inducing sweet.