1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Question about Robin the Frog

Discussion in 'Classic Muppets' started by Bliffenstimmers, Aug 4, 2012.

1. Bliffenstimmers

Bliffenstimmers Active Member

Recently I watched the first 2 Muppet fairy tale specials, Hey Cinderella (the most bizarre Muppet program I've ever seen!) and The Frog Prince.
    For those of you who have seen The Frog Prince, you know that Robin got his start as a young and adventurous prince, before running into Taminella and being turned into a frog.
    By the end of the special he turns into a prince again, but this is where I start to get confused...
    How did Robin become a frog again?
    Did he just run into Taminella again or what? :confused:
  2. Vincent Liu

Vincent Liu Well-Known Member

My theory: It's just a special. Robin is the actor for Sir Robin the Brave's frog form.
    muppetfan24/7 and Duke Remington like this.
  3. Hubert

Hubert Well-Known Member

The Muppets have never had a continuity between productions. Storylines of each production never match up properly. It's like Scooter. In the Muppet Movie, he was said to have joined the Muppets with the Electric Mayhem, as their road manager. But then in the Muppet Show, he came in as a new kid asking for a job. Same thing with this: there's no real explanation. The writers just liked the frog version of Robin and decided to start using him later.
  4. Vincent Liu

(with this avatar, I had the impression that Robin himself is answering the question)
    muppetfan24/7, galagr and heralde like this.
  5. Dominicboo1

Dominicboo1 Well-Known Member

Yes that's probably the answer. Robin got a job with his Uncle Kermit, and was lucky enough to stay for a while.
  6. Vincent Liu

I do wonder why Robin wasn't Kermit's nephew in Halfway Down the Stairs
  7. FrackleFan2012

FrackleFan2012 Well-Known Member

I've seen a non-speaking Robin (the frog) make an appearance with Jim Henson in the Dick Cavett Show in 1971 for a few seconds. That was after they shown the Sweetums clip from The Frog Prince.

I would say that Robin the Frog was popular enough to join the cast of The Muppet Show, in my opinion.