1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 48
    Sesame Street's 48th season officially began Saturday November 18 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

Question about "SadKermit"

Discussion in 'Classic Muppets' started by backpackmina, Jan 14, 2016.

1. backpackmina

backpackmina Active Member

Didn't know where else to put this but..

How was it possible for JHC to file a copyright claim on the original video if the video was released in 2007?

Believe it or not, the SadKermit cover of Hurt showed up as a recommended video while I was watching David Bowie's Blackstar, which is how I was reminded of this.

2. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

Because that's how YT works. I've gotten copyright strikes (not claims, actual strikes) from Sesame Workshop for posting content like Elmo's World, yet somehow everybody else who posts their content never seem to get in trouble - Oscarfan even has connections with them now because of it. I think it's a situation where if they find out about something, they'll take action, but they otherwise don't necessarily go looking for it.

backpackmina likes this.
  3. MuppetSpot

MuppetSpot Well-Known Member

Maybe Brian saw the video and thought it was offensevie to Jim.