Question about The Muppet Movie

newsmanfan

Reaction score
--------------
I was delighted that they continued the tradition of using as much actual Muppet manipulation as possible (as opposed to cgi) in the new film too. WaHOO for Old School!

----------------

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
I heard thats one of the things they were dead set against was using any cgi.

jvcarroll

Reaction score
Jim Henson enjoyed sharing how the effects worked throughout his career. He was always exploring new technology, blending it with traditional techniques and letting us in on the secret. None of the magic disappears once we know how something is achieved. On the contrary, the magic is made even stronger because we ignore all the trickery due to the compelling performance.

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
Im gonna have to disagree on that. But everyone is entitled to their opinion.

allentwright

Reaction score
I usually believed that looked something similar to a blue screen of death effect, like once the Muppet entertainers would dress yourself in black.

Misskermie

Reaction score
We watched The Muppet Movie again tonight and my husband and I have a difference of opinion. A couple of times when watching a scene that seemed hard or impossible for a muppet, he thought somehow special effects or green screens were used. I always thought that Jim Henson made a muppet with the equipment that would allow him to work the muppet they way he needed. The examples tonight were Fozzie and Kermit dancing on the El Sleezo stage and later when Kermit continues to move after the bad guy in overalls picked him up to put him in Professor Krassman's machine. Which is right? I know I read that the muppets riding the bicycle in one of the other movies was not special effects.
Thanks, Lara
I do believe these effects were a series of strings being operated. Like a marionette.

Misskermie

Reaction score
Oh, and krassman's machine I think is just simple lighting effects