Question for Australian Members

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Do you blokes and Sheilas know how lucky you are that classic cartoons like Cow and Chicken and Courage the Cowardly Dog are available on DVD in season sets? Up here in the U.S. of A, neither show was popular enough for Cartoon Network to do anything with (Courage had a bit of a following, some even petitioning that the show be renewed after its fourth and finale season, but almost everyone hated Cow and Chicken)... they haven't even finished with the Ed, Edd n Eddy sets.

Anyshoe, what I was wanting to know is this - there's a segment from Season Two of Cow and Chicken called "Buffalo Gals" that was banned after its first airing because of lesbian stereotypes and innuendos (and because ONE parent complained about it), what I was wanting to know is if this episode is re-intacted on your DVD sets, or if it's still replaced by the segment "Orthodonic Police"?

Drtooth

Reaction score
Anyshoe, what I was wanting to know is this - there's a segment from Season Two of Cow and Chicken called "Buffalo Gals" that was banned after its first airing because of lesbian stereotypes and innuendos (and because ONE parent complained about it),
I hate to step on this, since I'm not Australian, nor do I have any info on the DVD's... but there's 2 things I want to point out.

The DVD's themselves are sub-licensed by another company over there. I'm sure that if Warner Bros would deal with sub-licensing, they'd have considered them by now.

Secondly, that particular episode (I have seen it... it was on Youtube recently)... lemme just say this... it's amazing that it even got past the censors anyway. I'm surprised lesbian groups didn't complain about it. Wow... really... WOW!

D'Snowth

Reaction score
At least "The Mask" episode of Courage did better... instead of being openly stereotypical about it, they tackled it in a lot more subtle manner, and saved it as an undertone to the rest of the story.