1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 48
    Sesame Street's 48th season officially began Monday August 6 on PBS. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

Dismiss Notice

Question for everyone

Discussion in 'Classic Sesame Street' started by mariolover, Jan 2, 2018.

1. DePingPong

DePingPong Well-Known Member

****. This plot twist was insane.

Froggy Fool likes this.
  2. ssetta

ssetta Well-Known Member

I can't believe I didn't find this whole thread sooner. I just read through the whole thing and I actually have a LOT to say about it. I have had experience with Patrick Star myself. I remember awhile back he told me that he had some rare old episodes from season 1, including episodes 17-25 and 100-105. I kind of thought it was real since those other season 1 episodes turned up. Well, he sent me files of the episodes, and all they were were custom compilations of inserts that were in the episodes. I was so angry and told him off. He then sent me a hate message, and this is NOT the first time he pretended to be someone else. After this incident happened, he had his father message me, who is a police officer. I really don't think it was his father, I think it was him pretending to be his father.

And then he told me that he had a bunch of episodes, but most were from season 30 onward, which I'm really not all that interested in. It's not that I don't like it, but I wouldn't trade for season 30+ episodes. As a lot of you may know, I am considered a Senior Member here at MC, and I have been here since 2002. So it seems like a lot of the classic episodes that this "new generation of traders" knows about, I've had them for years. It's very similar to Dr. Nobel Price. And then when I tell them that I already have all the episodes they have, that's when they start ******** at me.

But I also wanna share about how I've matured since I first joined Muppet Central. I was 17 years old, still in high school. And I remember during that time, Noggin was in the process of phasing out the older SS episodes. I was very very upset and I tried to do anything I could to get them to keep it. Petitions, e-mail, phone calls, nothing worked. And I actually drove a lot of people away from Muppet Central by pestering people to sign the petition I had going, etc. Then when I got into tape trading, it was practically my life. I would want any rare episode that was out there. I remember there was this one member that stated he had about 200 episodes from between 1988 and 1992, and I literally drooled over it. And I remember one member actually did end up trading a few episodes with him, but before he traded anymore of his episodes, he basically drove away from the forum and never came back.

About a year later, I realized that I cared more about the episodes themselves than the people who had them, or the way I went about getting them. I do know of a few instances where people got episodes directly from Sesame Workshop, and these episodes strictly were not supposed to be part of the trading circulation. I don't even think I should say much on that. But as a lot of you know, pretty much any classic SS episodes are rare, and the ones that have turned up in the circulation, people just happened to have them on tape. When I was 8 years old, I taped nearly every episode from seasons 24-26, but many people did not do that. If you think about it, it's almost like hoarding. Because, get this, a lot of those episodes, I never even looked at them until years later.

And keep this in mind. I've seen short clips of SS episodes on YouTube, often just the opening or closing, probably just because they were taping the show that was on before or after SS. I have inquired if they have the full episode, but usually get little to no response. There was even a case where a rare old episode of Canadian SS was posted, episode 3128, one of the few Season 24 episodes that I do not have on tape. The uploader was actually not a SS fan at all. Here's how it happened. He bought the tape at a yard sale because it was labelled "Live Aid." Live Aid was a concert that took place back in 1985, but when he played the tape, it was taped over with the CBC block, which Canadian SS was part of. He was on his way to throw that tape into the garbage. But then I guess he went online and saw that there's a big classic SS fanbase, so he decided to upload it. And I will say that's a real treat, because Canadian SS seems like it's much harder to find than the SS that we know. I'm not sure it was even ever all that popular.

This is the first time in quite a few years that I made a long post like this, but I wanted to get everything out that I had to say.

PumpkinJ and ConsummateVs like this.
  3. Any Del

Any Del Well-Known Member

@ssetta You're Geoffrey Weagreaf? I owe you a sincere apology...

4. LittleJerry92

LittleJerry92 Well-Known Member

Geoffrey,

Maybe this wouldn't have happened in the first place if you weren't so, oh, I dunno, desperate to get every single episode from the vault?

Any Del likes this.
  5. Any Del

From what I found out from GroverKent/@D'Snowth Geoffrey has screwed many people over when it came down to tape trading.

6. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

Yep. This is why he'll occasionally enlist a middleman to trade with other people through them.

Any Del likes this.
  7. LittleJerry92

You know what's sad?

I can already picture a future shooting from a hardcore Sesame Street fan just because they didn't get the episodes they wanted.

Literally. Many people lose their lives just because one person didn't get their way with episodes they want.

ConsummateVs and D'Snowth like this.
  8. Any Del

Has he ever screwed you over in trading? And what do you mean "enlist a middleman"?

9. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

No, but what I mean by enlisting a middleman is he'll have someone else trade with people for him; in other words, he'll have a "friend" ask to trade with you, where afterwards, that "friend" will then send what you traded back to him.

10. LittleJerry92

"Breaking news. Massive shooting in New York City from local resident. Over 1000 people lost their lives. Reports say the shooter is a hardcore Sesame Street fan who was denied access to the episodes he wanted."

ConsummateVs and D'Snowth like this.
  11. Froggy Fool

Froggy Fool Well-Known Member

Wow, is it bad that I could actually see this happening? :sympathy:

And anyway, I am just sick and tired of all of these selfish, mean-spirited Sesame Street fans. I mean, it didn't seem to be this way a few years ago. Part of the reason I got into Sesame Street and the Muppets in 2014 or so was because of all the generous, nice fans who uploaded all of these full episodes and segments. And even though there might've been a *few bad apples, the majority of them were very nice people. :smirk:

12. LittleJerry92

Nope. Because it probably will.

13. Old Thunder

Old Thunder Well-Known Member

I just realized that I thought this was a different thread and got confused. No wonder I have no clue what's happening. Score 1 for Thunder's failability.

LittleJerry92 likes this.
  14. Froggy Fool

Froggy Fool Well-Known Member

Mmmm. :sympathy: :eek:

15. Old Thunder

Old Thunder Well-Known Member

But only after the Thomas fandom deletes the universe.

LittleJerry92 likes this.
  16. Any Del

Even uploading full episodes they demand for more. And I lost 10 subs...

17. LittleJerry92

You win some, you lose some.

18. MikaelaMuppet

MikaelaMuppet Well-Known Member

Sorry to hear that.

19. Any Del

@Schfifty if there's one thing I do ask from you I kinda of wish to see the full episodes of 3791 and 3867. Those are the only two episodes I wish for you to share with me please. I'm not gonna throw no tantrums. I'm not gonna harass you or anything. Since you are busy I don't mind waiting for them no matter how long it takes. I won't share them with anyone. I promise...

20. Blue Frackle

Blue Frackle Well-Known Member

I don't want to stop anyone from discussion (even if it's off-topic), but every time I see this thread resurrected I cringe; some things just need to die.

Froggy Fool and LittleJerry92 like this.