1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Help Muppet Central Radio
    We need your help to continue Muppet Central Radio. Show your support and listen regularly and often via Radionomy's website and apps. We're also on iTunes and Apple TV. Learn More

3. "Muppet Guys Talking" Debuts On-line
    Watch the inspiring documentary "Muppet Guys Talking", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppet release of the year.

4. Sesame Street Season 48
    Sesame Street's 48th season officially began Saturday November 18 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

Question for everyone

Discussion in 'Classic Sesame Street' started by mariolover, Jan 2, 2018.

1. MikaelaMuppet

MikaelaMuppet Well-Known Member

I hope it gets locked.

2. muppetgem

muppetgem Well-Known Member

True.

3. muppetgem

muppetgem Well-Known Member

I hope it gets deleted.
    And don't worry about losing posts. It's not a big deal.

4. MikaelaMuppet

I will try not to worry.

5. fuzzygobo

fuzzygobo Well-Known Member

Autism or not, everybody has to learn their actions have consequences. I seriously doubt your liability would go any further.
    But if you were to hire some professional robber or hack to do the job for you (like anybody has that kind of money to throw around), and he gets caught, that makes YOU an accessory to the crime. And your hired hack could plea bargain with the judge, and YOU might go to jail instead of him!

Is getting rare Sesame stuff worth that risk? You'll have plenty of time in jail to think it over.
    And having autism does not necessarily mean you get a free pass. Instead of jail time, you could get socked with tens of thousands of dollars in fines.

Paying fines for the next 20 years, and having a criminal record that could jeopardize your chances of getting a house, car, or even a job.

Now wouldn't THAT be fun?!?!?!

6. LittleJerry92

LittleJerry92 Well-Known Member

Not to mention, you'd be spending the rest of your life thinking "Wow, one of my own childhood shows ended up ruining my life.... From my own stupidity."

7. fuzzygobo

By the way, where would you go to get a professional criminal for hire?

Thugs R Us?
    Crookslist?

Or better yet, forget Sesame, that's chump change. Try hacking into Disney, Warner Brothers, or Universal and see how that works out for you.

"It's only illegal if you get caught".
    Odds are not in your favor. You WILL get caught.

8. LittleJerry92

The only thing I'd probably wanna get in regards to hacking Warner is a clean version of the movie version of "Heartbreak Town" with the fade out from Twice Upon a Time (unlike the short, single version of the Norweigen MTV website).

And as for Disney, probably a good print of Fantasia that includes the censored black faced horses... Or Deems Taylor's lost commentary.

scooterfan360 and D'Snowth like this.
  9. LittleJerry92

This does remind me of a little story though:

Around my teenage years, I've always wanted to break into Jim Mallon (the producer of Mst3k/original voice of Gypsy)'s house in order to obtain master copies of KTMA's 1-3 and post them online.

Of course, that never happened, but then years later, we got the first two episodes (I sadly worry about what happened to the third episode K03 - Star Force: Fugitive Alien 2 as Shout Factory, the current rights holders and home video distributor's of Mst3k, mentioned some KTMA episodes didn't "survive"; and since K03 didn't get the same treatment, it makes me worried it got lost post-2009 when Jim Mallon posted clips on the now revamped mst3k.com website) as thank you rewards for the Kickstarter project on the new Mst3k series on Netflix, which I was very grateful for.

End of the day, we can't always get what we want, but who knows..... Maybe one day Sesame Workshop could consider putting out the option of once in a while, releasing full season sets online for fans to purchase episodes they would like (even if it sadly meant some episodes most likely would end up having segments missing for music rights issues with song covers or whatever). You never know what the future holds.

scooterfan360 likes this.
  10. fuzzygobo

I want to see rare stuff too, but I'm not going to break the law to satisfy that desire.

I can't fault you for having autism, but I am disappointed for you using that as an excuse.

11. fuzzygobo

My final word on the subject:

Your actions did have consequences.

Posting on an impulsive idea, you probably didn't think this response would be so universally negative. But if this is a "Question For Everyone", then everyone should have an option of weighing in.

Not one person agrees, " Yeah! Great idea! Go for it!"

Hopefully you'll get your meds straightened out and you'll have clearer judgment in the future.

The admins may or may not close and/or lock this thread. That's their discretion. But the longer it stays up, the more people may get a chance to offer their opinion on the subject. Won't that be fun?

As for wanting to see rare Sesame stuff, I'm no different than anybody else. I have a few clips on my bucket list that hopefully will see the light of day.
    I am grateful for what people have posted so far. But if there was never another clip/episode posted, I'd still be satisfied. YouTube brought back so many great memories over the last decade, and I'm thankful for everybody's contributions. Thank you,@LittleJerry92 .

If you can't be grateful for how much is out there, considering not too long ago much of it didn't exist, more's the pity to you.

I've said enough.
    Peace- Brian

12. gavry3

gavry3 Well-Known Member

I looked at the title of this thread and thought, Huh, this should be interesting. Nope. I'm not even gonna step in. I'm just so over this.

scooterfan360 and muppetgem like this.
  13. MikaelaMuppet

Smart move.

scooterfan360 likes this.
  14. fuzzygobo

And remember kids...
    A professional crime committer is a person in your neighborhood.

Sorry, I went back on my word. I'm still trying to wrap my head around the absurdity of this whole thread.

scooterfan360 and muppetgem like this.
  15. LittleJerry92

Oh, I see you're wearing a ski mask, you're holding rope in one hand and tape in the other.... you must be a criminal!

That's right!

Oh, a criminal's someone you fear
    You back away and don't get near
    When you feel like you can do the time
    Go ahead and commit a crime

Cause a criminal's a person in your neighborhood
    In your neighborhood
    In your neighborhood
    Yes, a criminal's a person in your neighborhood
    A person that you hate each day.

16. fuzzygobo

And if we walk down the street a little further...
    Oh, a 40-year-old man living in his parents' basement, no job, no visible means of support, collecting 80's toys, sounds like one of those Bronies!

Oh, a Brony's time has really passed.
    My Amazon box came at last.
    I tell you folks, it ain't no lie.
    I'll dream tonight of Pinky Pie!

'Cause a Brony is a person in your neighborhood
    In your neighborhood
    In your neighborhood
    And a criminal's a person in your neighborhood
    Well, they're the people you avoid
    Unless you want to get annoyed
    They're the people you avoid eeeeeeeaaach daaaaaaaaaayyyy!!!!

17. Schfifty

Schfifty Well-Known Member

Yeah, the consensus here has been obviously established already. It's dangerous to get too desperate about something, cause you'll go to any method you want in order to get what you want, and there will be repercussions.

I'll just say that my own collection of Sesame episodes is big enough for me, and it's all full of episodes from the mid-'90s through the new millennium. There's still plenty of episodes from that era which I really want to see, but am I desperate? No.

@mariolover, at this point I think you'll just have to accept it as it is and perhaps try to avoid searching for rare episodes for a while. It's understandable to want to see rare episodes, but getting desperate enough to consider sneaking tapes from their vault and most likely result in the slammer isn't a wise idea.

18. MikaelaMuppet

Maybe you should take a break from focusing on rare episodes for a long time.

Just a thought.

scooterfan360, muppetgem and gavry3 like this.
  19. LittleJerry92

When something bothers me like the fact that there are many clips or episodes that probably will never see the light of day whether it's legal issues or just Sesame Workshop showing no interest, the best thing to do is to focus on something else.

Life becomes so much happier that way.

muppetgem likes this.
  20. Any Del

Any Del Well-Known Member

I mean I'll admit I have nagged and acted like a brat to some people(that have SS content) to see certain old Sesame Street episodes but at the end of the day I realize I just have to be patient. I've always thought of working for Sesame Workshop and being an actor since that has been my second life goal besides being the greatest video game designer than Rockstar. Hopefully if I worked hard enough the people from SW might give me some episodes in return. Never in my life I've wanted to commit an act of crime just for old SS episodes.

P.S. I sincerely apologize to those I've nagged for episodes. You all have important priories in life such as myself.

muppetgem likes this.