Question for those under 17

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
Super Scooter said:
The thing that bothers me in movies is extreme violence and gore. NASTY! I can't even sit through the EDITED version of Braveheart.
I agree, though I did manage to watch "Braveheart." (Sort of; I spent a good deal of it in the kitchen. :stick_out_tongue: ) But I did think it was a really good movie. I just couldn't watch a lot of it. I'm glad that Peter Jackson, as much as his earlier movies were known for being gorefests, really kept the violence in check for LOTR. They could have been really gruesome, and except for a few brief instances, they really weren't. There are only a handful of parts I can't watch.
Erin

Beauregard

Reaction score
Well, I can only say that I am glad to live in Engalnd, where there are more 15s than 18s, but no, there are no 18s I'd want to see...except perhaps The Passion of Christ, and even then with a huge pillow to hide behind...

Fozzie

Reaction score
Super Scooter said:
The thing that bothers me in movies is extreme violence and gore. NASTY! I can't even sit through the EDITED version of Braveheart.
I am not a huge fan of gore either but I like violent movies. Bravehart is on my top 10 list of all time favorites!

Smy Guiley

Reaction score
Fozzie said:
Most of the rated R movies I want to see my dad will let me watch as long as there isn't a lot of nudity.
Not a bad policy, but I would think, since I'm a parent, that I'm less worried about letting my daughter know that other people have bodies than letting her watch someone chop one up.

We all watched Kindergarten Cop a few months ago....edited on U.S. TV....and their idea of a family movie still included quite a bit of shooting! Even in front of the kids in the movie!

I think that's a little twisted around if you ask me....

later
eric

Krazedmuppet

Reaction score
there are R rated movies that my Mommy STILL wont let me watch..... and Im going to be 19 this year..... :rolleyes:

Fozzie

Reaction score
Smy Guiley said:
Not a bad policy, but I would think, since I'm a parent, that I'm less worried about letting my daughter know that other people have bodies than letting her watch someone chop one up.
I am not a fan of those kind of movies. I am not sure if I am allowed to watch them or not since I don't really like them. I mean, I know there is sometimes stuff like that in movies like Braveheart or other violent movies but I don't mind it as long as it has a reason. I am mainly not a fan of slasher movies. They don't scare me or anything, I just think they are kind of stupid.

xTwistedxPiggyx

Reaction score
I am 16, and where I live (which is Canada) people have to be 18 and over to watch R rated movies. Luckly for me, I don't look 16, I can pass for 21 :mad: The first time I watched a R rated movie was when I was 13. I went in the theater with some friends and I had to get the tickets for my friends 'cause they where young and looked it. :smile: [/B]

xTwistedxPiggyx

Reaction score
:mad: I LOVE MISS PIGGY!!!!!! SHE IS MY ROLE MODEL!!!! :mad: I have a poster of her on my bedroom wall from 1978. It has her right arm in the air and it says "Pig Power" I bought it at a second hand store for $2. it wasn't ever unrolled, it was still in it's original wrapping. But of course I unwraped it and it has some winkles now from pining it to my wall. I love Miss Piggy!! I grew up watching Seseme Street, it still is my fave show.

muppetintherye

Reaction score
OK, but you do realize that this thread is talking about movies that the posters are too young to watch.