Question on MuppetFest for 2003

WemblinKate

Reaction score
Wow, I haven't been able to check up on things here for so long! Alright, well, I know I'm posting this in the wrong section and nobody really has any gossip or info on MuppetFest because, well, it would be here already. I know that the first 2 weekends of March are up in the air, but I also know that it could change any moment and it all really depends on who decides to pick up the company. But I thought I'd let you guys in on my predicament. So I'm pretty involved in theater in my high school and I always do the Winter and Summer musicals at my school. I plan on majoring in Musical Theater the only thing is I've only had a lead role once, and that was this summer. This winter, the musical is Cabaret. The question is do I audition or not.
Cons
A very small number of my friends are auditioning, because they feel we will do a horrible rendition of this beautiful show since it should not be done at a high school and I partially agree with them
If MuppetFest is going to be the first weekend of March then I can't go to MuppetFest because that's the weekend of the performance and I couldn't go last year because my mom wasn't too keen on sending me all the way to California, but she'll let me go this year if it's in New York.

Pros
I have a really good shot at getting a lead role since I'm one of the few talented upperclassman auditioning, if I audition.

So yeah, right now the Cons are really strong. I guess it all goes on my priorities and what's important to me and blah blah blah. But if you were me what would you do? And the auditions aren't until like early December. Do you think we'll know more about MuppetFest then? Thanks for your response.

-Wemblin' Kate