Question on UK DVD's

Splurge

Reaction score
This question is rather off-topic, but I'm confident I'll get a satisfactory answer here. Can DVD's purchased in Europe be played on a US DVD player? I understand that there will be or already is a Red Dwarf DVD and wonder if I'll be able to order it and play it here in the US.

OK, a bit off topic, but Red Dwarf stars Chris Barrie, who also worked with Louise Gold and Marty Robinson in Spitting Image, who worked with the Muppets. So that's well within Six Degrees of Henson. :big_grin:

Luke

Reaction score
You need a multi-region capable DVD player that can convert a PAL signal to NTSC. European DVD's are region 2, while USA is region 1 so you will need to unlock that to play all regions if your player is capable.

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Another option besides buying a multi-region DVD player with a PAL-NTSC converter is to use your computer's DVD drive. With a fairly simple patch, you can supposedly make your DVD-ROM region-free. You'll just need to use the right patch for your DVD drive. There's plenty of info about how to do this on the net if you do a search.

Here's a site that offers some tips...

http://firmware.inmatrix.com/