Question re: Footage from 'Being Elmo'

beingreen

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I'm new here and thought I'd introduce myself with a question requiring someone with true Muppet expertise to answer. I recently watched 'Being Elmo' on Netflix, and within the first few minutes or so there is footage from an interview in which Jim Henson portraying Kermit. The interviewer (who has a British accent, and whom I do not not recognize) asks Kermit something along the lines of "And what role has Jim Henson played in your success?" Kermit replies (in part), "This is too deep...it's like religion..."

I find Jim/Kermit's reply very stirring, and I'd like to watch the full interview. Now for the difficult part: I could not find a direct reference to this footage in the credits of 'Being Elmo', and so I do not know on what program the interview was conducted, nor in what year (though I guess it must have been in the late seventies, perhaps, given Henson's long, grey hair and the grain of the video- it certainly could have occurred at a different time, though). Thus, my question: does anyone know where the creators of 'Being Elmo' drew this footage from, and if so, where can the full interview/program be found?

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help me with this! Ps, all apologies if this has been posted in an inappropriate place or if it has been addressed in an extant thread, though I didn't find anything like it in my search of the site.