Questions about anything

Misskermie

Reaction score
Here's my first question.

Why is it that when you sign up for something on the internet, they do that thing where you have to type what you see, but it's really hard to read? Like, on Fanfic.net, it asks if you're human, on Youtube, it comes up when you post a lot of comments.

So.... There's my question, do you guys have any that anyone might be able to answer?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Because there's a lot of "spambots" out there, which are basically robotic computers that can actually create accounts on such things for the purpose of spreading spam; what you're seeing is called CAPTCHA, in most cases, spambots can't decypher these things, which is why a lot of these sites install them to try to limit spam as much as possible.

Misskermie

Reaction score
Because if the world consisted of just humans, life would be boring, and we'd all die.

Misskermie

Reaction score
Why is it that when you're young, like 1-8 years old, your parents let you do whatever, and then when you get older, like 10-15, they say that you can't do it anymore. Example: I used to be able to watch Youtube, and now I can't, because all of a sudden, "It's bad for me, and bad for the computer."
(Between you and Moi, I still watch Youtube anway!:wink:)

Can anyone answer this?

Hubert

Reaction score
Why is it that when you're young, like 1-8 years old, your parents let you do whatever, and then when you get older, like 10-15, they say that you can't do it anymore. Example: I used to be able to watch Youtube, and now I can't, because all of a sudden, "It's bad for me, and bad for the computer."
(Between you and Moi, I still watch Youtube anway!:wink:)

Can anyone answer this?
For some things I things, such as the Youtube case, I think that parents suddenly see that something isn't as purely good as they thought, then put it off limits. For example maybe you're parents found out that there's a lot of inappropriate stuff on there that they didn't realize was there before.