1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Questions about anything

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by miss kermie, May 8, 2012.

1. miss kermie

miss kermie Well-Known Member

Here's my first question.

Why is it that when you sign up for something on the internet, they do that thing where you have to type what you see, but it's really hard to read? Like, on Fanfic.net, it asks if you're human, on Youtube, it comes up when you post a lot of comments.

So.... There's my question, do you guys have any that anyone might be able to answer?
    MuppetLuver2000 and Dominicboo1 like this.
  2. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

Because there's a lot of "spambots" out there, which are basically robotic computers that can actually create accounts on such things for the purpose of spreading spam; what you're seeing is called CAPTCHA, in most cases, spambots can't decypher these things, which is why a lot of these sites install them to try to limit spam as much as possible.
    Muppet fan 123 and miss kermie like this.
  3. miss kermie

Why in the heck did they create cigarettes?
    I'm curious.
    MuppetLuver2000 likes this.
  4. heralde

heralde Well-Known Member

"Curse Sir Walter Raleigh!" --John Lennon ;)
  5. Sgt Floyd

Sgt Floyd Well-Known Member

Why did they create many things? ;)
  6. miss kermie

Because if the world consisted of just humans, life would be boring, and we'd all die.
  7. dwmckim

dwmckim Well-Known Member

So cigars would have a mate.
  8. miss kermie

Why is it that when you're young, like 1-8 years old, your parents let you do whatever, and then when you get older, like 10-15, they say that you can't do it anymore. Example: I used to be able to watch Youtube, and now I can't, because all of a sudden, "It's bad for me, and bad for the computer."
    (Between you and Moi, I still watch Youtube anway!;))

Can anyone answer this?
    MuppetLuver2000 likes this.
  9. Hubert

Hubert Well-Known Member

For some things I things, such as the Youtube case, I think that parents suddenly see that something isn't as purely good as they thought, then put it off limits. For example maybe you're parents found out that there's a lot of inappropriate stuff on there that they didn't realize was there before.
    Pinkflower7783 and miss kermie like this.
  10. D'Snowth

Heck, there were a LOT of things I wasn't allowed to do until I was 18!
    MuppetLuver2000 and Hubert like this.
  11. newsmanfan

newsmanfan Well-Known Member

---------------
    And now he's a chain-smokin', truck-drivin', MahnaMahna singin' sonuvagun.

-------------
  12. D'Snowth

Okay, here's an anything question of mine...

When you get a headache, you take an aspirin.
    When you get a stomach ache, you take something for nausea.
    When you get a back ache or a muscle ache, you take a muscle relaxor.
    Etc, etc.

So why is it when you get a tooth ache, they yank the tooth out? I mean that's like if you got a stomach ache they'd cut your stomach out, or if you got a headache, they'd decapitate you, so what's the deal with pulling out a tooth because it aches?
  13. Sgt Floyd

Toothaches are usually means there is something physically wrong with the tooth. It could be infected, ingrown, starting to rot out of your mouth, and not something that can be fixed with pain killers
    Bill Bubble Guy likes this.
  14. Sgt Floyd

Ok, has anyone seen those commercials for that Squishy Baff stuff? Supposedly its made out of the same absorbent stuff thats in diapers. But my question is, would you seriously let your kid play in the stuff?

I was curious and looked up reviews. Everyone agrees the stuff does not dissolve like the commercial says, many having to scoop it out by hand. One person was complaining their kid was sick after EATING it.
  15. D'Snowth

Umm... is it like those bath tablets that turns the water different colors or something? I haven't heard of this stuff, so I really don't know what you're talking about...]

I AM aware, however, that the ShamWow guy's made a comeback, this time, he's hawking a resuable lint roller.
  16. Sgt Floyd

https://www.trysquishybaff.com/

I dunno, to me, the whole concept of it just seems....questionable. I mean, its a mystery substance that makes your bath a gooey mess
  17. D'Snowth

Gooey? That stuff looks more like taking a bath in slushes and snocones. :confused:
  18. Sgt Floyd

Gooey was the only word I could think of. Why would you put your kids in that? Why would you trust ANYTHING As Seen ON TV for that matter?
    miss kermie likes this.
  19. D'Snowth

I think it's kind of like how Drtooth says at this point in time, people still watch reality TV not so much because they want to, but they watch it purely out of irony... I think some people see something on TV, think it's cool,, then want to order it for the sake of having it because they saw it on TV.

However, they do supply us with some great spoof vids, of which I really can't embed in the post because of language, but just copy/paste the links without the spaces...

http:// www . youtube . com/watch?v= NkkBhEomlUg
    http:// www . youtube . com /watch?v= h05ZQ7WHw8Y
    http:// www . youtube . com /watch?v= lsTLUSMOgas
  20. Hubert

Hubert Well-Known Member

You have to admit...there are some As Seen on TV stuff that is good. Not much, but a few select products. Like those furniture sliders for example. They are terrific and really do make furniture easier to slide. But I do see what you mean. A lot of that stuff doesn't work like it does in the commercial.