1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Help Muppet Central Radio
    We need your help to continue Muppet Central Radio. Show your support and listen regularly and often via Radionomy's website, official apps and the WinAmp Media Player. Learn More

3. Sesame Street Season 49
    Sesame Street's 49th season officially began Saturday November 17 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

Questions about anything

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Misskermie, May 8, 2012.

1. AlittleMayhem

AlittleMayhem Well-Known Member

@Harleena Go for it. There's always going to be some nitwit who will say you're to x to cosplay as y but thankfully there will always be someone who thinks you look great and will want to take pictures. Besides, the first Jasper cosplay I ever saw was as skinny as a twig with lean muscles.

2. Harleena

Harleena Well-Known Member

Thank you. I feel a bit better now.

3. minor muppetz

minor muppetz Well-Known Member

Today I was watching a bonus feature on the Dumb and Dumber To DVD, and at some points it showed images from the script, with "first draft" noted under the title. In an age where most writers probably use a computer to write, is it really necessary to note which draft it is? I mean, when you write on a computer, you can just edit and re-edit the script file on your computer. Maybe it's necessary to note which draft it is when it's printed.

Hmm, in the old days of writing, when it was more common to use a typewriter, when a production had multiple writers for the same project but the writers didn't exactly work together in writing drafts of the scripts, did they still note the draft? I guess they might have known how many drafts were written, and then they wrote their drafts noting which draft it is. Or, if perhaps the original writers quit or whatever, would the drafts by later writers say, for example, "New Writer 1 and New Writer 2 first draft"? I do know that with Sesame Street, rather than note which draft the script is, they use a color-coding system.

One thing I wonder which I least expect to get an answer: Do writers completely rewrite scripts on their computers? As in they write one draft, save it, maybe make some edits after it's complete, then they write a new draft, with a new save file or whatever, maybe copying and pasting an old draft before making changes? I also wonder if writers save their scripts on discs, memory cards, floppy discs, or whatever and send those to other writers to make changes.

4. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

I think you pretty much answered your own question in the end.

It's more than likely also necessary to note certain drafts in case certain additional writers are brought in and/or drop out during specific rewrites of a scripts.

Not to mention, scripts have to be met with approval from different people involved in the project, such as executives, the director, and others. Believe me, I know.

5. Luke kun

Luke kun Well-Known Member

Who is the cutest video game character? Male and female.

6. fuzzygobo

fuzzygobo Well-Known Member

Who is the more annoying GEICO mascot? Maxwell the pig or Rick the screaming goat?

7. FraggleLover130

FraggleLover130 Well-Known Member

Is this the real life? Is this just fantasy?

8. Luke kun

MAMAAAAAAAAA MAMA? MAMA! MAMA! YOO-HOO, MAMA! MAMA! YEAH, MAMA! DADA? DADA?

FraggleLover130 likes this.
  9. FraggleLover130

FraggleLover130 Well-Known Member

Nothing reeeeally maaatters, anyone can seee, nothing really maaatters, nothing really matters, but MOI.

10. Schfifty

Schfifty Well-Known Member

Since when did WWE start blocking YouTube videos featuring desert-themed Jolly Rancher commercials from 1994?

11. Luke kun

Did you know that you just lost The Game?

12. Bliffenstimmers

Bliffenstimmers Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    I'm for the other team!

MikaelaMuppet likes this.
  13. Luke kun

LOL

14. snichols1973

snichols1973 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

And then there's that "Oh crap!" moment when that poor, unfortunate nerd realizes he's about to get his butt kicked by the crowd of angry fans.....:eek:

Bliffenstimmers and Dominicboo1 like this.
  15. Flaky Pudding

Flaky Pudding Well-Known Member

Mr. Burns from The Simpsons almost reminds me of Crocker from the Fairly Oddparents. I'm not sure if it's his voice or what. Does anybody see the resemblance?

16. snichols1973

snichols1973 Well-Known Member

Carlos Alazraqui voices Mr. Crocker ("FAI-RY GOD-PAR-ENTS!!") and has a notorious reputation for handing out "F" grades and his frequent and futile quests to prove fairies exist, while Mr. Burns (voiced by Harry Shearer) on the other hand, is an eccentric billionaire and the owner of the Springfield Nuclear Power Plant, whose weak and elderly body is somehow kept alive by some possible combination of unscrupulous avarice and perhaps the side-effects of the nuclear radiation, and he tends to be more familiar with people, events, terminology and inventions of the early 20th century than those of the present day.

Nevertheless, according to the Trivia section of his Simpsons Wiki profile:

"Mr. Crocker from the Fairly Odd Parents is based off of Mr. Burns. This is because Butch Hartman is a fan of The Simpsons."

http://www.simpsons.wikia.com/wiki/Mr._Burns

17. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

When I first saw FOP, I definitely made that connection. However, the character is based off of Eugene Levy, specifically his character from "Splash." I caught some of that movie last year and it's there. Levy's character is more nasty than obsessive, and he's constantly belittling his crew.

But yeah. Crocker's voice sounds more like Mr. Burns than Levy's, even in earlier episodes where his voice was a little different. What's funnier is Mr. Burn's voice is based off of Ronald Regan who, along with his wife, were known to contact with astrologists frequently. So in a roundabout way, someone who's the basis of a voice is the basis of a voice of a character that obsessively believes in supernatural gobbledegook. Make of that what you will.

18. CensoredAlso

CensoredAlso Well-Known Member

What's interesting is Mr. Burns was originally voiced by Chris Latta (who played Starscream on Transformers and Cobra Commander on GI Joe). And you know, when I started watching Transformers in recent years, I couldn't help but notice every time Starscream or Megatron said, "Excellent..." in a scene together, lol.

19. Luke kun

Is the name "Mellodi" common? (I was originally considering the protagonist for my movie to be named "Mellodia", but I ran out of spaces for that. Is "Mellodia" common, too?)

20. Schfifty

Schfifty Well-Known Member

Whatever happened to Allison Moore, the original voice of Dee Dee? Did she work on any other productions post-Dexter's Laboratory?