Questions about anything

D'Snowth

Reaction score
So, I'm confused: is Cookie Jar supposed to be the successor to Cinar, or DiC?

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
For the last couple decades the buzzword for celebrities doing something charitable has been "I'm giving back to the community!!!" Makes them sound noble.

How about money launderers, Ponzi schemers, con artists, scammers, pyramid marketers, thieves, hustlers, shysters, politicians, and swindlers? Don't they have more of an obligation to "give back to the community", considering how much they took?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Ah, but see, they have to use celebrities, because if they use actual criminals that nobody has ever of before, then nobody would be interested in giving back to their communities.

Bliffenstimmers

Reaction score
To Snowth: I'm pretty certain Cookie Jar is CINAR.
To Birdon: From what I've seen, no.

HeyButtahfly

Reaction score
So I came up with this one the other day: Does anyone know when/where the official spelling of "Wocka!" was established?

mr3urious

Reaction score
So, I'm confused: is Cookie Jar supposed to be the successor to Cinar, or DiC?
Cookie Jar is the successor to Cinar, the latter of which was forced to shut down after exploiting Canadian content laws in which Canadian productions (or co-productions in the case of Arthur) get tax write-offs. They also bought out DiC.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Erm...where are you getting this information from?
Take tonight's TV listings on Comcast/xfinity for example:

6:30-8p
Repeat, "The Monster Who Came to Bikini Bottom; Welcome to the Bikini Bottom Triangle; The Curse of the Hex", (2011)

And apparently, next tomorrow there's another lengthily episode from 1 to 2:30.

The schedule also reports hour-long episodes, but I've seen listings for episodes that are upwards of two hours... must be trying to melt extra braincells.

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
The first episode sounds like a special episode, those are usually an hour long.

The last two are really one episode, since there are two stories in one 22-minute episode.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
Yeah, that sounds like they are just combining two episodes and listing it as one timeslot

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
Why do Lean Cuisine meals have to be so disgusting? I swear they are like the only thing the campus food store sells besides hot pockets and tons of candy.

Last week I had this garlic noodle thing and it was gross (it tasted like fake garlic flavoring. Probably was :stick_out_tongue:)

This week I had some kind of stir fry thing which was at least edible. it had no flavor at all to it, which I guess is better than it being disgusting