Questions about anything

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Again, Twitter has no purpose, it's essentially one of the most POINTLESS things the internet ever produced... it's single and only purpose was an already-existing feature on both My[____] and Facebook (status updates).

And tumblr is essentially Twitter for posting pictures.

Zoot the Saxer

Reaction score
Again, Twitter has no purpose, it's essentially one of the most POINTLESS things the internet ever produced... it's single and only purpose was an already-existing feature on both My[____] and Facebook (status updates).

And tumblr is essentially Twitter for posting pictures.
I totally agree.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
No, Tumblr is not. Tumblr is like blogspot on caffeine. It's a blog with social networking type features.

I actually do have a fiction al character ask tumblr

Zoot the Saxer

Reaction score
How bout another one: I'm in 8th grade algebra, and I've been wondering...will I ever have to use this stuff ever again, or are these teachers just making us sit still for hours on end calculating equations we will likely never see again?

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
That depends what kind. Algebra is useful when it comes to figuring out prices and costs and discounts for shopping, doing home repairs, building things

D'Snowth

Reaction score
No, Tumblr is not. Tumblr is like blogspot on caffeine. It's a blog with social networking type features.
It looks NOTHING like a blog. It looks like Twitter, but with pics instead of tweets.
How bout another one: I'm in 8th grade algebra, and I've been wondering...will I ever have to use this stuff ever again, or are these teachers just making us sit still for hours on end calculating equations we will likely never see again?
You know, I thought the EXACT same thing when I was doing algebra in high school. I mean, unless I was entering a field that incorporated mathematics into the job, why did I even need to learn that stuff?

Zoot the Saxer

Reaction score
That depends what kind. Algebra is useful when it comes to figuring out prices and costs and discounts for shopping, doing home repairs, building things
Thank you, Sgt Floyd and D'Snowth. :sing:

(This thread is awesome!!!!!!!!! A bunch of older, wiser, fellow Muppet fans answering my life questions...what more could I ask for? :stick_out_tongue:)

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
It looks NOTHING like a blog. It looks like Twitter, but with pics instead of tweets.
I HAVE a tumblr.

It's just a lot of people don't use them as blogs. Most people use them to share pictures, but the idea of tumblr is that it is a blog format with features similar to facebook. You follow a blog and get their updates on your dashboard. Like I said though, most people do not use them as blogs. you can use them however you want really. If you want to use it as just a blog, you can do that. if you want to just post pictures, you can do that.

You tag your posts and people can search them. I really think you should try it out. You might get more hits on your puppetry videos and your artwork. Although I think you might have to follow at least three blogs to have your stuff searchable

charlietheowl

Reaction score
Again, Twitter has no purpose, it's essentially one of the most POINTLESS things the internet ever produced... it's single and only purpose was an already-existing feature on both My[____] and Facebook (status updates)..
Twitter can lead to a lot of vapid, pointless stuff, sure, but it's not the complete wasteland you make it out to be. As a sports fan, I find that most breaking stories, whether they be trades, signings, or injuries, get posted on Twitter significantly earlier than on mainstream sports websites. Twitter is good to get real-time reactions to news stories as they break.