1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Christmas Music
    Our 17th annual Christmas Music Marathon is underway on Muppet Central Radio. Listen to the best Muppet Christmas music of all-time through December 25.

3. Sesame Street Season 48
    Sesame Street's 48th season officially began Saturday November 18 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

Questions about anything

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by miss kermie, May 8, 2012.

1. newsmanfan

newsmanfan Well-Known Member

Firefox has a "restore last session" feature, good for crashes or computer reboots.

MikaelaMuppet likes this.
  2. MikaelaMuppet

MikaelaMuppet Well-Known Member

Thank you.

3. MikaelaMuppet

Why am I starting to get a boatload of spam emails in my inbox recently?

4. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

We've had different discussions in the past about various different musical genres, and how they're classified and such, but I'm a little curious as to when the "cut-off-date" (for lack of a better word) is for music that's considered to be classified as "classical." The reason I ask is because much of the classical music we have is centuries old from composers like Mozart, Bach, Beethoven, Handel, Schubert, and so forth - we're talking like 1600s, 1700s, and even 1800s. Then there's the work of Joplin, which many also consider to be classical music as well, yet it was considerably more recent - the early 1900s, to be exact, which was just over a hundred years ago. Are we so far ahead in terms of our time and music that anything that came before, say, the rock-n-roll era of the 1950s is now considered classical?

5. newsmanfan

There are plenty of modern classical composers; the Russian school was active through the early 1900s, Bernstein and many other modernists ruled the middle of the last century, and in the latter decades of the 1980s-1990s you have the minimalist school (Philip Glass) and other postmodernists. "Classical" music does not equal "Baroque." A good NPR station will play plenty of newer as well as older stuff!

6. D'Snowth

It's been a long time since I read the funny papers, when did OPUS go back to being called BLOOM COUNTY?

7. newsmanfan

I believe Berkley Breathed re-started the strip fairly recently. It's sweet, but not nearly as witty as it was years ago.

8. MikaelaMuppet

Is the guy on the left in the first picture John Lithgow?

[​IMG]

I seriously can't tell if it's him or not because I can't make out the face at the moment.

I know the girl in the last picture is America Ferrera though.

9. Pig's Laundry

Pig's Laundry Well-Known Member

Yes, that is indeed John Lithgow.

10. MikaelaMuppet

Thank you. I couldn't tell if it was really him or not due to the face, and that's what I wanted to ask. Don't know why I couldn't figure it out myself for the first time though.

11. muppetgem

muppetgem Well-Known Member

Is 'soi' pronounced "soy" or "swah"?

The world may never know...

12. MikaelaMuppet

Soy.

13. muppetgem

Maybe. But according to Microsoft Sam, it's pronounced "swah", so it could go either way. Like I said, no one really knows which one is correct...

14. D'Snowth

Okay, what is up with Katy Perry right now? I mean . . . just . . . what? Horrible haircut aside, these bizarre commercials she's putting out? These live streams of her meditating and sleeping? Interviews about her being in therapy? Is she okay?

15. MikaelaMuppet

She's probably fine, but her music career isn't doing too well right now. And I agree with you on that terrible haircut she has.

16. minor muppetz

minor muppetz Well-Known Member

I recently got a copy of Rugrats: Season 1. Does anybody know why they put the opening and closing on every episode? The chapter stops list each half-episode together as originally aired, yet the opening precedes each episode, even the second-half episode, and the closing follows each episode, even the first half-episode.

And do other Nicktoons DVDs do this? I have the complete Hey Arnold and that doesn't do it, but is that done on other Nicktoons (maybe ones that came to DVD after Hey Arnold)?

17. muppetgem

My 'Angry Beavers: The Complete Series' DVDs do that, too. Before and after each episode, the theme song and credits play. I dunno why, though.

18. Flaky Pudding

Flaky Pudding Well-Known Member

I caught this on [adult swim] last night and I'm just wondering:what the heck is this a parody of? I get the Indiana Jones part but the thing about the two girls, the talking box (?), and the pink squirrel is throwing me off. This has gotta be a reference to something:

Why am I getting the feeling that this is one of those skits that you have to know the source material to find it funny? I'm sure there are some hardcore Indiana Jones fans out there that don't fully understand this due to them crossing it over with the heck that is

19. fuzzygobo

fuzzygobo Well-Known Member

The Magic Garden was a kids show from the early 70's. That's Carole and Paula, and the pink squirrel was Sherlock. If you were a kid in 1972, and were from New York, this was your Must-See TV.

45 years later, Carole and Paula still have a cult following, still perform live, and haven't aged at all. Channel 11 in New York still runs old episodes on Thanksgiving and Christmas.

A few years back I got to meet them, and confessed to Carole, that when I was four, she was my first crush.

20. BlakeConor14

BlakeConor14 Well-Known Member

Cars 3 came out in the UK yesterday I have just seen it. I think it is the best Cars film and one of the best Pixar films.
    What are your thoughts on it?