1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Christmas Music
    Our 17th annual Christmas Music Marathon is underway on Muppet Central Radio. Listen to the best Muppet Christmas music of all-time through December 25.

3. Sesame Street Season 48
    Sesame Street's 48th season officially began Saturday November 18 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

Questions about anything

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by miss kermie, May 8, 2012.

1. Schfifty

Schfifty Well-Known Member

Because people like nostalgia over originality.

MikaelaMuppet and muppetgem like this.
  2. ErinAardvark

ErinAardvark Well-Known Member

I'm as nostalgic over things as the next person, but it is very rare that I like a reboot of something.

3. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

It's not that people prefer nostalgia over originality, it's that the big wigs of Hollywood don't want to take a risk on investing in something original and have it flop and be all for naught; they'd rather play it safe and rehash what's worked for them in the past.

muppetgem likes this.
  4. Schfifty

I mean, yes, there's both good and bad things about all the rebooting, but I just feel it would be neater to see a movie or show that's more original and fresh instead of just plain rebooting a movie that was successful in the past, like Frozen. I don't want to see Disney being like, "We're running out of ideas...hey, why don't we reboot a successful animated film from years ago!" so much, and they're already redoing the Aladdin and The Lion King films as live-action versions. They may work out well in the near future, but with all the recent reboots of various films and shows the last few years, I kind of would prefer seeing something fresh.

I understand your point, though.

5. MikaelaMuppet

MikaelaMuppet Well-Known Member

I like the originals better. Sometimes the reboots.

6. mr3urious

mr3urious Well-Known Member

Those examples are obviously remakes, not reboots. Reboots are for stuff like superhero or horror films.

7. Flaky Pudding

Flaky Pudding Well-Known Member

Has there even been a MARVEL or DC superhero that hasn't made a cameo in either cinematic universe?

MikaelaMuppet likes this.
  8. Schfifty

In the first Evil Dead movie, why are Richard DeManincor and Theresa Tilly credited as Hal Delrich and Sarah York? Did they just not want to be credited with their real names, unlike the other three?

9. minor muppetz

minor muppetz Well-Known Member

Do executives/heads of studios/producers have some sort of "spoilers morals" agreement when it comes to rejecting screenplays? I wonder if there's many screenwriters who wanted to include some major twist that they didn't want the public to know until they see it, only for the screenplay to be seen and rejected by so many people that too many people already know (or might even spoil the ending they're aware of if made by a rival studio).

10. MikaelaMuppet

Does Annie’s still make Arthur Mac and Cheese?

11. muppetgem

muppetgem Well-Known Member

I don't think so. I just checked Amazon and it says it's unavailable.

12. MikaelaMuppet

What?! I used to love that as a kid.

13. D'Snowth

Uhh, why would you order food off Amazon?

Anyshoe, if the Boy Scouts are now going to allow girls, does that mean Girl Scouts will start allowing boys too, to balance everything out?

fuzzygobo likes this.
  14. LittleJerry92

LittleJerry92 Well-Known Member

I mean, I've seen a bid war on eBay for a box of Twinkies when they went out.

15. fuzzygobo

fuzzygobo Well-Known Member

There was a Brady Bunch episode dedicated to this very issue. Marcia did everything to keep up with the boys, while Peter went door-to-door selling cookies. Peter got a bum deal.

16. Pig's Laundry

Pig's Laundry Well-Known Member

Frankly, from the girl scouts i've known (and from scouting/ going to my sister's meetings) I think Boy Scouts is just all around better. I mean, the organization as a whole has had a few glaring problems, but Boy Scouts seems to teach more practical skills. Girl Scouts does too, but they seem to put more emphasis on "girlie" things, which is partially why so many girls prefer Boy Scouts. Now, i'm not saying that they should do away with Girl Scouts altogether, boys and girls sometimes need time to be separate ; but if the group wants to survive they're going to need a less outdated model.

17. Pig's Laundry

Pig's Laundry Well-Known Member

Is Hooper's Store a bodega?

18. D'Snowth

I thought bodegas were usually little Spanish shops.

I think it was meant to be an old-fashioned soda/candy shop run by a Jewish grandfatherly type, which apparently were common in big cities like New York back in the day.

19. mr3urious

mr3urious Well-Known Member

If the Girl Scouts sell cookies, I think the Boy Scouts should sell jerky. Feels appropriate, don'cha think? :D

20. D'Snowth

Well, Boy Scouts already sell those giant tins of assorted popcorn flavors, so. . . .