Questions about anything

D'Snowth

Reaction score
And THAT brings to mind yet ANOTHER something I remember:

I knew these two people, one guy, who was the very definition of emo, he was like 19 at the time, I believe, the other person was a girl who about maybe 14 I believe at the time (this was about five years ago or so). So anyway, the emo guy was... well, let's just say, he pretty much fit the stereotype: he was always maniac-depressive about everything, obsessed with blood and gore and stuff, really paranoid and insecure about a lot of things, took pleasure in other people's misfortunes, provoked people into anger and dispair, what have you... we were friends at first, but honestly, his whole personality, I just couldn't take it, it was hard to be friends with him, so I kind of just slowly stopped associating with him, because I just couldn't handle his split personalities.

Now then, the girl on the other hand, she was pretty much the opposite, she was bright-eyed, she was sweet and friendly, very much a caring person, slight devilish streak in her, but it was more of a devil-may-care quality. She was a friend of mine too, and she was a pretty good friend at that.

So anyway... somehow, for some reason, these two actually hooked up with each other (now keep in mind though, the guy actually tried starting up a relationship with two or three different people before her that same year, both female and male). I honestly didn't feel like those two should have been together, so I told the girl, in confidence, that I really didn't feel like he was right for her, I told her about how he tried dating these other people, and what have you, but somehow, she "saw herself" in the guy, and believe it or not, they remained together for quite sometime. As if that wasn't bad enough, it wasn't too awful long that the girl went from being bright-eyed, sweet, friendly, caring, to being a mirror image of the dude, just as troubling and troublesome as he was (they both would even single out other people, and pick on them for insignificant little things).

Needless to say, the guy alone was bad enough, but the two of them was just too much, so I stopped being friends with both of them altogether.

One disturbing thing too was after they hooked up, slowly but surely, her deviantART page was filled with softcore artwork of the two of them (and again, did I mention he was 19, and she was 14?).

:sigh:

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
NOOOOOO! That is the worst thing you can do. I went through this. Seriously, no one wants to hear their boyfriend is treating them badly. Yes, maybe tell an adult, but I think its best to stay out of it. Seriously. When I told me friend just how badly she was being treated by her boyfriend, she didn't want to hear it. She told me I was just jealous that I can't find anyone and why can't I be happy she found someone she loved (despite the fact before that they broke up about 3 times, each time she called me crying to me :/). After that, our friendship was pretty strained.
Well no offense but just because your friendship was strained doesn't mean you shouldn't have told her. It's important for you to look after a friend, whether she appreciated it or not. :smile:

Sometimes the only way people realize how far they've fallen is when friends start exiting their lives. If all their friends just go along with an abusive relationship, nothing's going to change.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
Yeah, and nothing changed in her relationship. She married this loser...you can't win if you tell them, you can't win if you don't.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
If the generation that was born from the 1960s to the 1980s is called Generation X, the generation that was born from the 1980s to 2000 is called Generation Y, the generation born from 2000 to today is known as Generation Z, then what's the next generation going to be called?

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
If the generation that was born from the 1960s to the 1980s is called Generation X, the generation that was born from the 1980s to 2000 is called Generation Y, the generation born from 2000 to today is known as Generation Z, then what's the next generation going to be called?
Maybe they'll start with Roman numerals.
But before my Generation X got that term slapped on us, the Baby Boomers before us didn't get rebranded Generation W.

Before, we were the Baby Busters because there were so few of us (born between 1965-1975) due to the advent of the Pill.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Ah, one of the greatest inventions mankind has ever produced, next to the wheel. :halo:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
That's like when in Grade 7 or 8, everybody told me that "orange" is pronounced "OOOOOOO-range" and not "aw-range" (the way everybody pronounces, except Canadians probably), to which I questions then why wouldn't words like "blood" and "flood" be pronounced the way they're spelled instead of "bl-uh-d" and "fl-uh-d", to which everybody said, "That's only if it had an E on the end".

:batty: