1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Help Muppet Central Radio
    We need your help to continue Muppet Central Radio. Show your support and listen regularly and often via Radionomy's website, official apps and the WinAmp Media Player. Learn More

Dismiss Notice
  3. "Muppet Guys Talking" Debuts On-line
    Watch the inspiring documentary "Muppet Guys Talking", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppet release of the year.

Dismiss Notice
  4. Sesame Street Season 48
    Sesame Street's 48th season officially began Saturday November 18 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

Dismiss Notice

Questions about anything

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by miss kermie, May 8, 2012.

1. Pig's Laundry

Pig's Laundry Well-Known Member

I think around the time of the Steve Whitmire controversy at some point I was up to 23 because I had been gone the whole day.

2. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

I think the highest number I ever got at one time was 17 or 19.

I tend to get higher numbers whenever people evidently read through old threads page by page and start liking posts as they read, because I tend to notice whenever I have a high number of alerts, it's generally by someone liking posts I've made in a single thread.

3. ConsummateVs

ConsummateVs Well-Known Member

...Guilty.

4. D'Snowth

To be fair, you're not the only one, there's been other members who do it.

5. MikaelaMuppet

MikaelaMuppet Well-Known Member

A number that is triple, I know that.

6. ErinAardvark

ErinAardvark Well-Known Member

What is the point of posting a comment on YouTube that says "X brought me here"? Let me explain a little more. I made a tribute video to the character Henrietta Pussycat from "Mister Rogers' Neighborhood," and someone commented "Venture Brothers brought me here." Since I don't watch Venture Brothers, I didn't understand this comment. I did say I found these comments annoying, and he got snippy with me ("what do you have against freedom of speech?" but I WASN'T telling him to stop, I was telling him I found these comments annoying, isn't that also freedom of speech?)

Someone please tell me, what's the point of "X brought me here?"

7. D'Snowth

Because sometimes something can become so obscure that the only way the current generations find out about it is if it's featured/reference in something far more contemporary and popular . . . you'd be hard-pressed to look at a GREAT SPACE COASTER video on YouTube without at least one, "FAMILY GUY brought me here" comment.

ConsummateVs and fuzzygobo like this.
  8. fuzzygobo

fuzzygobo Well-Known Member

Same with the 70's version of The Electric Company.

It would be nice if some things were left to stand on their own merits. Like the 70's version of "Land of the Lost". Without the 90's version or the movie to make it seem relevant for contemporary viewers. Kinda like a history lesson. This is what existed back in the 70's, when the three networks showed cartoons on Saturday morning these were the kinds of shows the Kroffts cranked out, and this is your historical perspective.

In some ways, I can understand the Great Space Coaster/Family Guy link.
    But I'm also little proud that I was around to see the Coaster during its original run. When nobody knew what the future had in store for Kevin Clash or Jim Martin.

D'Snowth likes this.
  9. D'Snowth

I feel exactly the same way. Sometimes, however, the contemporary references do a service by bringing newer audiences to the original work . . . Nostalgia Critic is an example of this, reminding people of movies or shows that time had forgotten, and there are some people out there who are willing to check them out to develop their own opinions on them, despite the majority of the fan base being like, "This movie sucks, Nostalgia Critic said so."

Time for a new question: if Donkey is color blind, how did he know Shrek is green?

10. fuzzygobo

My boss is married, so would that make his wife my boss-in-law?

LittleJerry92 likes this.
  11. D'Snowth

How is Shane Dawson still a thing?

12. Schfifty

Schfifty Well-Known Member

Up to 102 now! Finally for the first time have gotten alerts past the 100 mark!

13. D'Snowth

There's a KENAN & KEL episode where they housesit for Chris while he's on vacation, but Kenan forgets until the day Chris is supposed to return. After Kel messes everything up, they're faced with the task of replaced the dead house plants, cleaning out the fish tank, fixing a broken bowl, oboe, and trophy - all of which Kenan adds to his to-do list. At first, they had about four hours until Chris came home, and at one point, they leave (presumably to go to the store to buy new plants, but it's never specified) - when they return, nothing has been scratched off Kenan's to-do list, and in fact, they still have to fix everything, but now, Chris is expected home in an hour. So where did Kenan and Kel go for three hours, and what were they even doing all that time?

14. LittleJerry92

LittleJerry92 Well-Known Member

Drinking orange soda maybe?

Last edited: Dec 20, 2017
  15. Schfifty

So, you know how in Dexter's Laboratory, he had all those signs on his bedroom door, like the STOP sign and the no symbol with Dee Dee's shadow? There apparently was also one that said "NO UVAS". What the heck does that mean?

[​IMG]

16. D'Snowth

Well, "Uvas No" is "No Grapes" in Spanish, and was apparently some kind of a grape boycott that Cesar Chavez led that apparently didn't go over too well.

17. Schfifty

Interesting. Well, why it's on the door of a scientist boy genius, I have no idea. They probably just decided to put another sign on and thought of some "No ... whatever" phrase that was popular at the time, I dunno.

18. fuzzygobo

A lot of people think Dexter is a new word, coined by the cartoon. No, it was around a lot longer.

In the early 60's, there was a series of Felix the Cat cartoons, and his sidekick was named Poindexter. Brainy kid who could build flying saucers, antigravity belts, and neat space-age crap like that.

In high school, the brainy kids were called dexters. The ones who were destined to go to Ivy League schools and become nuclear physicists.
    Me, I joined a band. 8)

19. D'Snowth

Is it absolutely necessary that every single freakin' time I log into certain services like Twitter or Dropbox that they have email me notifications letting me know that I logged into my account?

LittleJerry92 likes this.
  20. LittleJerry92

LittleJerry92 Well-Known Member

Yes. Yes it is.