Questions about anything

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
Once you have an account set up, you're more likely to buy things. All the companies do that. It's really annoying, I have to set up an account with a credit card to download the free stuff. :grr:

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
You know you could always get a prepaid credit card for like 5 bucks and use that. For a while that's what we had linked to my kindle account :/

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I actually got a prepaid credit card in a box of Trix once, like, four years ago.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
The real thing you need to be careful of is that free apps usually have in app purchases, which is why they need credit cards. The thing is, a lot of those in app purchases could very easily be made. That's not amazon, that's the app maker's doing. You could accidentally hit a button and boom, 5 dollar charge with no warning. That's why you really need to put on parental controls and block in app purchases. I've nearly accidentally purchased things without warning before, but since I put a block on it, it just bounces and tells me the parental controls stopped it.

And you should be able to get prepaid cards from your bank. Although I know a number of supermarkets around here also sell them in the gift card rack

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
Over the years there have been a number of people who were "disgruntled". They come from all walks of life- postal workers, drivers, teachers, day-care attendants, etc. People so stressed-out they lash out and vent their frustrations on others, and more often than not, cause a lot of collateral damage.

But what about its opposite- being GRUNTLED? Wouldn't that be a nice state of mind to be in, for a change?

Wish your mom a Gruntled Mother's Day on Sunday. She'll thank you for it. :smile:

minor muppetz

Reaction score
When shows get canceled, do they stop production right away, or do they continue making episodes until the production season is over, even after being told they're canceled? I've read that The Odd Couple was nearly canceled every season, only to be brought back due to summer reruns, and that show ended up having a proper last episode, with Felix getting remarried.

And Wikipedia speculates that when King of the Hill was initially canceled before coming back, that the last episode before getting renewed was intended as the last, as it features many minor/one-shot characters at the end.

And I keep reading that Full House ended because it was canceled, but it does have a "last episode" feel, even though it's not a proper last episode. It originally aired as an hour-long episode, Steve returns, a curtain call appeared during the credits...

And I've seen a quote from Jim Henson saying that The Jim Henson Hour was canceled after five episodes, even though we know nine episodes were originally broadcast. Maybe it was just mistaken memory.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
It depends on the production and how the network canceled the show.

You only have to have three or four episodes completed prior to broadcast, so I'm sure in some cases, but not all, depending on how early or late the show is canceled, they may cease production altogether, or if the series is canceled later, they may have already finished the production season, such as GREG THE BUNNY, it was canceled before the last three episodes aired.

It's my understand that HOGAN'S HEROES was in the process of starting production on a seventh season, and it was supposedly going to be the proper final season, but the show got caught up in the Rural Purge, and as such, was canceled before they started production on that season.

Similarly, I DREAM OF JEANNIE went back and forth: there were talks of canceling the series after its fifth season, so the producers did a final episode where Dr. Bellows finally learns the truth about Jeannie (and appropriately, it was a flashback episode), but then the network changed its mind and decided to renew it for a sixth season, so the episode was changed to where Dr. Bellows learning the truth was all a dream that Tony had... THEN, after that episode was completed and in the can, the network changed its mind again, and canceled the show after all.

And, on that same token, M*A*S*H did so poorly in its first season, that the producers were concerned they wouldn't be renewed for another season, so an alternate version of the episode "Ceasefire" was written where the ceasefire WAS real, and the war DID end, in case they weren't renewed for a second season... but like THE ODD COUPLE, summer reruns saved them, and it went on to be one of the longest running sitcoms there was.

charlietheowl

Reaction score
And I keep reading that Full House ended because it was canceled, but it does have a "last episode" feel, even though it's not a proper last episode. It originally aired as an hour-long episode, Steve returns, a curtain call appeared during the credits...
I remember reading online, can't remember where specifically, that The WB was interested in bringing Full House on there for the 1995 fall season, but John Stamos said he wanted to move to other projects and the negotiations fell apart from there.

HeyButtahfly

Reaction score
I seem to remember John Stamos talking about wanting to end Full House for quite a while before it finally did, so the last episode was definitely meant to be a "last episode". I remember fans of the show saying, "Well there might not be another season because John Stamos doesn't want to do it anymore..." and that talk went on for a couple of years before the actual last season. He'd pretty much made it clear he was wanting out.